Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the quickest way to cook a sweet potato? Microwave???

StRoNg_WoN

High End Bro
Platinum
What's up?

I want to add sweet potato to my diet instead of regular potato, but the texture seems different... I've nuked regular potatoes a few times, (it's quick and easy), and was wondering how you guys/gals cook them? I am not too too concerned with flavouring... just quickness... (I have a pretty busy schedule, and need to cook them fast...)

Thanks a lot...

S.

I use the microwave. Cook it, cut it in slices and put cinnamon powder and some splenda on it, it tastes incredible.

You could always make a whole bunch in advance - say, cook the week's food on a Sunday - and just nuke them for thirty seconds before you eat them. If it's good produce to begin with, those things will keep for awhile in the fridge in ziploc baggies.

I use a peeler and peel the skin off, poke it with a fork a few times, microwave it for 5 mins, mash it up, and put Molly McButter on it. Hell, you can put Molly McButter on a piece of shit and it will probably taste good.

LaviathanX said:
I use a peeler and peel the skin off, poke it with a fork a few times, microwave it for 5 mins, mash it up, and put Molly McButter on it. Hell, you can put Molly McButter on a piece of shit and it will probably taste good.

Thanks I wound up doing that... it looked so good I just ate it and made more... HAHA! :)

I like to bake all my potatoes (sweet or white), theres just something differant about using the micro, i dont think it cooks it all the way through like the oven

Anyways, i have this little over thats great because it allows me to bake small things w/ out making my house so friggin hot 9like it does when you use the reg. oven)

I usually bake'm for about 20-30 mins on 350 degrees, mash them and through some splena, cinnamon and butter sub on it. I even like them plain or use the splenda, cinnamon butter sub and add vanilla pro powder and maybe some raisons.

I love yams.

I read a while back in MM2000 that the way you cook the food especially potatoes makes a big difference in the sugar/starch structure in the food itself.

They said microwafing is the worst for the starch structure and makes it more like eating a simple carb. Baking is second best.

All in all they recommended all potatoes including sweet potatoes be boiled. And we must remember the basics from culinary school that when boiling potatoes or ANY vegetable there must be enough water for them to cook, but no more. Meaning if you boil potatoes and they are done all the water must be gone as well. If you pour water out, you would fail. Takes some practice. Anyway those are some wise words on cooking from my old man, whom was a chef.

i get a huge sheet pan; line about 30 of them, and throw them in the oven for 40 mins at 350. after it cools i put it all in a huge tupperwear, and enjoy for a week. I eat them cold right outta the fridge.

Top Bottom