Sugar Alcohol/Sorbitol...whats the deal???

Posted: 16-Feb-2005 05:31 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Sugar Alcohol/Sorbitol...whats the deal??? within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Alot of products that claim to be sugar free contain sugar alcohol or sorbitol....are these compounds any better than pure sugar and if so, how much? I am not sure if it is a marketing scam or a viable alternative to high sugar foods like syrups. Thanks....

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 16-Feb-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
United States
Alot of products that claim to be sugar free contain sugar alcohol or sorbitol....are these compounds any better than pure sugar and if so, how much? I am not sure if it is a marketing scam or a viable alternative to high sugar foods like syrups. Thanks.
Gallery of envies  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Sugar Alcohol/Sorbitol...whats the deal???

Old 16-Feb-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
United States
I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, your body can't use it as energy and it can't spike insulin, but it has a calorie count. Someone correct me if I am wrong
Gallery of mrzap  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 17-Feb-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
United States
therefore it is a lot better than pure sugar i supose. the main reason i ask is for syrup. i use the sugar free stuff on pancakes. anything has to be better than pure surup.
Gallery of envies  

Old 17-Feb-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
United States
Thank you for the links!
Gallery of envies