Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should washboard abs be worked on every day or every other day?

RBtrucking4

Just wondering because i know ur not supposed to weight lift every day so should i just work on my abs on my lifting days or can they be done every day?

treat it like any other muscle with a quick recovery time...

3 days a week at the MOST, IMO...

I agree with the other guys ^^^

Personal experience: I don't do abs... not that you can see them yet anyway, but I can feel each one. I contract them and hold it at random times throughout the day, and when lifting... always keep 'em tight. That's just what I do... now I gotta burn the damn fat off so I can see them :)

I should add that I used to do them WAY too much years ago... could be a factor.

i used to do each part of the ab on a given day. one would be lower abs, then obliques, upper abs, middle abs.

I treat them as any other muscle, but being that I won't be able to see them for a while. I'm only concerned with making sure my lower back doesn't get a lot stronger than my abs. As long as they are kept in balance I typically don't worry about training them too much A lot of my other work gets them worked out a bit

BTW training abs will NOT give you a six pack. I'm guessing that right now if you had < 10% bf youd see the 6pack you already have without doing a single bit of ab work, however if you want a 1 in valley between them, then go ahead and do that ab work.

Wait i dont understand what ur saying cyrex are you saying that doing ab workouts will make them less visible? sorry just really cant understand what ur trying to say. I already understand that you need to get rid of the layer of fat on top before you can see them i can already see it a little i just want to make it more visible i already do cardio every day.

No i'm not saying they will be less visible. I'm saying that doing them won't make them MORE visible.

Most people don't want the big abs that you will get if you work your abs to make them bigger. If you did some good ab work 2x per week with low reps and heavy weight with 15+ bf it will make you appear fatter if you really grow out the muscle.

obviously this is an extreme situation but the point is doing abwork will not give you a six pack.. You naturally have a sixpack under that fat :)

BTW you are one hairy MOFO! lol

Top Bottom