Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Predator Diet

PwB

Anyone looking to experiment with something different might want to give this a try, I developed it and have been successfully losing fat for a few weeks, very rapidly. Its an eating pattern I feel closely mimmics the way humans for the greater part of our existence on earth.
-Its a high protein/low carbohydrate/moderate fat diet. Absolutely no sugar, bread, starches, packaged foods, dairy, grains, wheat, fatty foods. Supplements can be used but try to emphasize a paleolithic eating pattern, natural foods that could be eaten uncooked, and were available during the times when fat burining was optimal, winter season (minimal fruits).
We have some evidence the way humans used to eat, and by looking at primitive cultures as of recent meat is a big part of their diet. We were hunter/gatherers and theres even evidence to suggest we're mainly hunters and gathering took place much later in our history.
Looking at predator animals, they don't eat most of the time, until they hunt their food. They will eat a huge meal, then rest. Hunting is anearobic, like weight lifting, short and intense, then after the hunt they'd eat. So the pattern would be no food, workout and eat a huge meal.
-Diet controls insulin, utilizes glucagon which allows fat to released from fat cells.
-Serge Nubret, Thierry Pastel (2 very successful bodybuilders as well as Rock Marciano ate like this)
-The 2 most recent Ironman magazines had an article called protein pulse, check it out in the newsstands or look protein pulse up on the google search. Basically eating 80% protein in one large meal instead of smaller ones increased protein synthesis by 19% as opposed to the 2.5% increase from just adding protein into smaller meals. He also says the only way to increase protein efficiency is a protein fast (not eating) and muscle contractions (lifting) this plan takes advantage of both these by not eating then eating after the workout (hunt). Studies using protein infusion (injecting aminos in the blood) showed protein synthesis STOPPED after the 2hr mark, so any protein taken in after the initial protein had no effect on muscles, basically it was being wasted in terms of its effect on building muscle.
-protein cant be broken down after only 3 hrs or humans would never have survived for thousands of years, we couldnt always been eating 5-6x day, this idea became popular when MRP's came to the market
-Look at feeding habbits of animals, animals that graze are usually vegetarians grazing on grass, leaves, etc. Carnivores (I know we're omnivores, but we can thrive on an all meat diet, not that I recommend it) eat large meals infrequently, b/c there isn't meat laying around everywhere like there is greens. Humans only animal that grazes eating meat, b/c of modern technology like refrigerators, etc.
-Workout 4x week, I do Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Lifting weights (cardio optional, ideally HIIT if used)
Lift hard and heavy, within the 6-8 rep range to maintain muscle mass. Superset exercises with little rest.
ex. Mon Chest and Biceps, Tues Back and Triceps, Thurs. Quads and Hamstrings, Fri. Shoulders and Calves.
ex. superset is 1 set incline DB. Bench Press, no rest, Barbell Curls, 60-90sec rest, repeat.
-Workouts would ideally be after 4pm, most predator animals will hunt for the food in the evening.
-Diet for workout days
Thermogenic if desired, try to avoid coffee as it causes an insulin release, which will stop fat burning
-glutamine if desired, .35g per lb bodyweight before and .35g per lb after workout. Increases muscle mass, glycogen storage, strength, fat burning (Poliquin, Serrano, DiPasquale recommendations)
-optional food during day only if necessary, must not allow insulin response, so ideally lean protein sources supplement with fish oil or flax. Possibly some dark green veggies as well if desired, and nuts.
-After workout
Lean protein, I consume between 2-3 lbs. top round steak.
15-20 fish oil capsules
1lb bag of green beans, broccoli
-Wed, Sat, Sun (nonlifting days)
option A (my choice)-carbs in an evening meal/meals from green vegetables only, no protein
option B-fast, no food at all, increase fat buring,most will think this is crazy, but fasting is absolutely natural and healthy and allows detoxification, etc. which I will discuss later but is too much to get into in this message.
option C-Fast Wed, Sat and have a carb load/or cheat meal Sun night.
-Summary:
General Rules- Ideally 1 meal consumed after workout if possible
1-3g protein per lb. bodyweight
0-50 g carbs from greens (lifting days)
0 or 100-150g carbs on nonlifting days (fast or carb load)
.25-.75 g fat per lb. bodyweight
General ratios:
60-75% protein
25-40% fat
Carbs counted in abolute amount, not in ratio. Recent studies suggest body can store roughly 100g carbs as glycogen
-Lean protein sources:Beef, Turkey, Chicken, Fish, Tuna, Egg w/ Egg whites, Ostrich, Buffalo, Venison, and game meats.
-Fats:protein foods, fish oils (best), cod liver oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, coconut, nut butters, nuts (no peanuts or cashews)
Carbs:green vegetables

So there it is, if anyone tries it let me know, I have more to discuss but am short on time, I have a lot more points to bring up and will do so later.
Pete

No feedback?? Come on, no one has anything to comment, argue, anything?? Anyway, maybe if I post some pics in the next few weeks to show the results i'm getting, i'll get some people interested. This is they way we are meant to eat, IMHO. I was just reading more about another Dr. who believes the grazing eating pattern leads to insulin resistance and syndrome X, and even eating fat frequently causes problems. It seems that the liver is meant to be exposed to infrequent feedings, and hasn't adapted to food being eaten all the time. Anyway, i'll post within the nex month to month-1/2 to show how this is working for me.

So presumably you will eat the raw, glycogen rich liver first, followed by the heart and kidneys if you can scarf it all down before a saber-tooth decides it would like the rest of the leftovers?? And when you don't catch anything for days on end, I guess you'll be eating grasses, sour berries, worms, mushrooms or anything else that will fill your belly without makin' ya sick? Sounds like an ideal plan to me. I hope there's enough prey around for all 6 billion of us predators to live this way.......

If I could I actually would eat a completely raw food diet, there's plenty of evidence suggesting it is ideal and there are hospitals in Europe that treat cancer by serving only raw foods. But b/c of the pathetic conditions of Slauterhouses, and an even greater chance of bacteria from the meat sitting at the grocery store for extended periods of time, its wise to cook the outside of the meat.
Thats why I don't eat protein every day, b/c it wasnt available all the time and people can actually improve their health by fasting, but I do sometimes have nuts or green vegetables. About the population thing, I realize that there are more people on this earth, we never could live the same life we did 1,000s of years ago, nor would we want to, but just b/c we can't doesnt mean that the foods available to use naturally aren't the best foods for our health, wellbeing, and physique. Just b/c u don't agree with it doesnt mean it isn't an ideal plan, I never said it will work for everybody, nothing does, but its a logical plan that I've done a lot of thinking on and its doing wonders for me. If u were more open minded you'd be willing to accept other peoples ideas, even if they aren't based on conventional wisdom.

i think you are funny. you are making too many assumptions about the history of man. man is an omnivorous creature by nature. you are also making the mistake of assuming ancestral diets were "healthier." buy a decent book on nutrition from a college bookstore and expand your mind.

Well, according to Charles Poliquin (regarded as the most successful strength coach in the world right now) he said in his seminar that knowledge on exercise on nutrition are about 30yrs. behind in colleges and universities, so I wouldn't trust nutrition taught in a college atmosphere (which I've been exposed to already) and I certainly would believe an expert like Poliquin over someone who is called dog boy. I never said this was the perfect approach, I just said it makes sense to me and that it works really well for me and a few others I know that have followed it, really really well. If you do any reading on nutrition you'd know when agriculture started approx. 10,000 years ago, heart disease and most autoimmune diseases came about. Check out Neanderthin, Protein Power, Atkins, The Anabolic Diet, Metabolic Diet, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, people who follow natural diets don't have obesity, high BP, cholestorol, Heart Attacks, Arthritis, etc. like we do. I only posted this approach to tell u guys about something I found that works, and something I believe in.

hey pwb do not worry about members that rub you the wrong way.

often when others like yourself post new concepts or thoughts, you will often see smart remarks.

do not be mad at these people or resentful.

personally I have been attacked by others, and a couple of days later those same people are cracking jokes with me in the chat area.

don't worry about it.

thank you for your sharing with us.

OMEGA

Ps............how long have you been on this diet of yours?

and have your workouts suffered at all.

and also could you give us a sample "day" for you on your diet, that is clear for us to undrstand.

thanks

Hey PwB, I'm sorry you took my comments as closed-minded. Far from it. It was merely the name "predator diet" that I found amusing, and comparing modern, highly bred, bacteria ridden, cooked (mainly skeletal muscle) meats and modern cultivars of veggies and fruits (minus insects and soil organic matter) to a diet that our pre-agricultural ancestors would have eaten is, ummmm, ridiculous. I did not say it was not healthy, or that it doesn't work for ya. It is, in principle, the basis of a lot of popular diets such as Atkin's. Aside from the dietary composition is the issue of total calorie intake, and short life expectancies of our pre-ag ancestors which effectively means that nature has not, could not have selected for a diet that was protective for humans into old age. Once we're past breeding age, there is no possibility for natural selection to lead us towards and optimum diet. And infrequent/reduced calorie diets are also not a new concept in terms of increasing lifespan and reducing incidence of heart disease, diabetes and many of the other modern ailments associated with obesity and a sedentary lifestyle. So yes, there's nothing wrong with your plan, but it is not predatory. It may be ideal for you though.

I wasn't even going to reply to this thread, but you're the one who said "No feedback?? Come on, no one has anything to comment, argue, anything". Loosen up a bit?

yo bro, i think you should watch the video or read the book calle flatten your abs forever..it is a paul check video and his ideas are also very redical just as the ones you just described...its an awsome video and will learn a lot..

i like your thinking, have you tried this yourself yet, and with that results??

keep me posted..

peace

Top Bottom