Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How has dextreose become the only carb consideration for PW?

Slyder190

...when fructose restores liver glycogen much better? I'd say a combo would be best instead of straight dextrose.

Because your first priority is to restore MUSCLE glycogen after a workout, not liver glycogen. Better to replenish the liver in the morning.

slyder190 said:
...when fructose restores liver glycogen much better? I'd say a combo would be best instead of straight dextrose.

I would like to see you lifting heavy with that strong liver of yours Bro... :)

Just kidding.

As mentioned by DJ, what matters here are your Muscle Glycogen stores (which are indeed quite limited). For that reason, fruit is not a good idea. You want High GI simple carbs (Dextrose and Maltodextrin) as well as fast digesting protein (whey isolate).

Peace

Pintoca

slyder190 said:

what everyone else said!!!! But go ahead with the fructose and see how it works for ya.

fructose is innefficient at restoring muscle glycogen, with dextrose loading more than enough to fill liver (even though its less efficient than fructose).

as a note- fructose is the only carbohydrate that can be stored as fat WITHOUT the presence of insulin.

macrophage69alpha said:
as a note- fructose is the only carbohydrate that can be stored as fat WITHOUT the presence of insulin.

SHIT!!! That was it for me and fruits...

Top Bottom