Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me with my diet

armybrat2012

I was wondering if someone can check over my diet and see why im stuck at a plateau. So I am currently 26 yo 202lbs 11% bf and 6ft tall and have not been able to add any size, strength, or endurance to my lifts since 2009 when I did my last AAS cycle. Goal is the pack on lean mass and get back down to 8-9 % bf and have my mass back.

I train 7 days a week. M W F I run 4-7 miles every morning, and on T, TH, SA, SN i am in the gym doing heavy weight training, and M-F at night I do Cross Fit at my buddies box.

I calculated my daily required caloric intake to be 3600 calories a day, and I have been taking in 2 to 2.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight, 1 gallon plus of water a day.

Mornings (After Run or Workout 0700):
25g Protein Shake
8 oz Yogurt
1/2 cup oats
Met-rx Colossal Bar

Lunch 1130:
12 Inch Tuna (Sub or spinach wrap)
Large Serving of veggies
50g Protein Shake

Dinner (2000 after workout)
George Forman large serving 16 oz or >of either (salmon, turkey burgers, steak, veal)
50g Protein Shake
4 egg whites
2/3 cup oatmeal

Doesn't look like enough calories. Substitute some whole food for some of those protein shakes. For example, if you are eating a 1lb of steak for dinner, you can probably skip the 50gm protein shake, the body can only digest so much protein at one time. Or have the shake immediately post workout and then eat dinner a little while after that. Another thing to consider is taking some days off from training. With that schedule, it looks like overtraining, which will certainly hinder your gains. Even the pros take time off.

Armybrat, looks like you've got a good physique. IMO you do look like you are working really hard at your goals but may need to focus on the rest & recovery aspect of things. So is this your day to day diet that you eat pretty much EVERY day with little deviation? If your goal is to pack on lean mass and get back down to 8-9%, then calories seem sufficient if trying to gain lean mass. If not on anything, it's going to be hard to get down to 8-9% at same time of getting bigger, almost impossible.

Cortisol (stress hormone) might be high with the amount of work you are doing. How's your sleep? Wake up rested and fall asleep/stay asleep easy?

I would also recommend going gluten free/dairy free for a few weeks and see what happens as far as leaning out and also creating an anti-inflammatory environment. I just got off gluten myself like 2 weeks ago and feel stronger, perform better and never bloated. Just a suggestion.

PM me if you'd like to talk more.

-D

Count your calories for a week.. I used to weight all my food and measure everything and since I generally eat the same thing day in and day out I know the totals pending whether I'm trying to lean out or bulk up a little bit. It's really not that hard even something like myfitnesspal is accurate enough to create a decent deficit or surplus of calories.. I don't believe in meal timing or any of that shit and neither does science just do what works for you but I agree food>shakes. Oh and its going to be hard to pack on lean mass while trying to drop below 10% bodyfat.. Incredibly difficult naturally at least

You need to be tracking your weight/strength and calories to see if you're gaining or losing vs. your calorie intake and cardio amount. Adjust as necessary.

Consistency and tracking is key. You don't list total macros or calories in your post but that looks low, which would explain why you've hit a plateau...be diligent and track everything.

We are similar sized, so for an example, I am 6'3 200 pounds probably around 12% bodyfat and am eating around 3,300 cals/day to maintain my body weight/strength, I'm 30 and run/walk/hike around 25 miles/week, lift for around 45 minutes 4x/week.

That's just to give you an example of caloric intake vs expenditure. I think you need to eat more if your goal is to get bigger/stronger. With the cardio amount you listed you need to eat big.

Based on your picture above (which can't tell too much from) you are going to be wanting to eat more than you currently are. And honestly, if natty and trying to bulk, don't be afraid of some cheats -make them after big leg days or days you crush your weakpoint bodyparts. I always enjoy a big ass chipotle bowl or a big ass burger with some extra white rice or potatoes (not fries) on the side. That will help you get over that caloric hump. It's tough eating ALL clean whole food. Also, get a vitamix or high powered blender. Throw whey, some heavy whipping cream, peanut butter, gluten free oats and blend away. That's some serious weight gainer right there and only 4 ingredients.

Two 50g shakes should be good, eliminate the 25 g shake. Make up the rest of the protein through other foods.

Also, if you want a solid cut, make sure your workout intensity really utilizes all those carbs. "Large serving of veggies" is thick volume carbs and can usually can fuel a whole workout. Find the sweet spot where you get just the minimum amount of carbs necessary to kill your workouts

Overall- good diet. props.

Top Bottom