Grits vs. Oatmeal

Posted: 06-Apr-2005 01:01 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Grits vs. Oatmeal within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I just bought some Grits to switch up from Oatmeal for a little bit---can anybody tell me the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Grits vs. Oatmeal

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Grits vs. Oatmeal

Old 06-Apr-2005, 01:01 PM   #1

I just bought some Grits to switch up from Oatmeal for a little bit---can anybody tell me the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?
Gallery of Veretta9  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Grits vs. Oatmeal

Old 06-Apr-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
United States
Well grits are polly not as good as oats since they are a little higher gi and contain a little less fiber. But i love grits and have to have them every now and then. Try them out and see if they make a difference. If not then keep eating them. I would just say make sure they are reg. slow cooking grits and not the instant or 5 min ones.
Gallery of sublime35  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 06-Apr-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
Sikkim
Grits!
Gallery of Synpax  

Old 06-Apr-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
United States
hey veretta i just saw that your from jersey, are you orig. from the south? I have never known a non southerner that like grits.
Gallery of sublime35  

Old 06-Apr-2005, 05:29 PM   #5

Nope---born and raised in New Jersey--parents are from New Jersey and grandparents are from Brooklyn---My mother always gave me farina when I was kid and I think they are relatively the same thing but the first actual time I have ever even heard of grits was from watching Ronnie Coleman's Unbeatable movie 2 years ago---I think thats what its called---anyways I have oatmeal every single morning---so a couple days ago I decided to buy grits to change it up---I didn't know they had a higher GI than oatmeal--plus the type I bought I microwave them for 5 minutes and thats it---I guess after I finish them I am going back to oatmeal---too bad because I like them
Gallery of Veretta9  

Old 09-Apr-2005, 12:52 AM   #6
United States
Oatmeal is nasty tasting though how do you guys prepare it to tolerate it.
Gallery of gymratforlife  

Old 09-Apr-2005, 02:24 AM   #7
United States
cook it on the stove with some cinnamon. Pour in a bowl and add some splenda.
Gallery of sublime35  

Old 09-Apr-2005, 02:29 AM   #8
United States
Quote posted by Veretta9
I just bought some Grits to switch up from Oatmeal for a little bit---can anybody tell me the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?
One is oats and the is corn. The nutition of the 2 is defferent , and the allergen is different
Gallery of gjohnson5