Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exactly how much dex/malt in the PWOS?

mm107

High End Bro
Platinum
i just started adding in Dex/Mal, ive been reading and everyone seems to come up to this equation...

50% whey 25% malt 25% Dex for cutting diets...

But what exactly do those numbers mean?
i am 180lbs 5' 11. Can anyone help me out? i dont wanna be taking in too much cuasing a crazy insulin spike and causing me to store the protein as fat, since i am cutting diet right now. Thanks guys.

MM107 said:
i just started adding in Dex/Mal, ive been reading and everyone seems to come up to this equation...

50% whey 25% malt 25% Dex for cutting diets...

But what exactly do those numbers mean?
i am 180lbs 5' 11. Can anyone help me out? i dont wanna be taking in too much cuasing a crazy insulin spike and causing me to store the protein as fat, since i am cutting diet right now. Thanks guys.

Here's what I do:
Throw in 2 scoops protein (46g)
then 26gs maltodextrin and another 25 dextrose. The 50/25/25 are just ratios.
Go here for a good read:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/windowofopportunity.htm

It'll explain everything to you much better than I can

that is by far the best article I have come across on PWO nutrition: simple and yet informative. Make sure you read the referenced article at the beginning.

The formulas in my calculator for PWO are based on the formulas explained in that article.

k so if i read correctly

On a cutting phase I recommend consuming 2.5 grams of carbs per ten pounds of bodyweight. The goal here is to consume just enough to suppress cortisol and increase growth hormone levels and to get out of our catabolic state. During a time when you are restricting calories, the last thing you want is to be catabolic. I also recommend consuming an equal amount of protein as you did carbohydrates.

i weight 185. 2.5 per 10 pounds would be 46g of malto.

1/2 cup of malto = 47 g so thats basically 1 serving =]
and 2 scoops of whey = 46 g of protein so basically preety easy.

But in the article dextrose is not mentioned. Should i leave the dex out? I mean they both are from corn.....
just wondering....

MM107 said:
k so if i read correctly

On a cutting phase I recommend consuming 2.5 grams of carbs per ten pounds of bodyweight. The goal here is to consume just enough to suppress cortisol and increase growth hormone levels and to get out of our catabolic state. During a time when you are restricting calories, the last thing you want is to be catabolic. I also recommend consuming an equal amount of protein as you did carbohydrates.

i weight 185. 2.5 per 10 pounds would be 46g of malto.

1/2 cup of malto = 47 g so thats basically 1 serving =]
and 2 scoops of whey = 46 g of protein so basically preety easy.

But in the article dextrose is not mentioned. Should i leave the dex out? I mean they both are from corn.....
just wondering....

yea split the 46gs between the two, malt and dextrose.

take a closer look, its there:

Phase one:

Immediately.

Mix (using the same 200 lb. male on a bulk example) 100 grams of a combination of 50% of your carbs coming from Dextrose and 50 % of your carbs coming from Maltodextrin with,

50 grams of hydrolyzed whey protein,

all mixed with 1 Liter of Water.

Shake all the ingredients well. (I personally like using a Tupperware cup for my shakes)

coeus said:
yea split the 46gs between the two, malt and dextrose.

take a closer look, its there:

Phase one:

Immediately.

Mix (using the same 200 lb. male on a bulk example) 100 grams of a combination of 50% of your carbs coming from Dextrose and 50 % of your carbs coming from Maltodextrin with,

50 grams of hydrolyzed whey protein,

all mixed with 1 Liter of Water.

Shake all the ingredients well. (I personally like using a Tupperware cup for my shakes)

GOOOOOOD Catch i ddint catch that

MM107 said:
GOOOOOOD Catch i ddint catch that

so, 46/2 = 23 grams each.

23 grams dex and 23malto

Im just wondering also, are they both sugars? its prob stupid q, but the dex nutrional value is 4g of pure sugar while malto says carbs. Thanks

haha! edited to make me look smarter! lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom