Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Up Carb Question

T-Swazzy

When bulking, do you refrain from carbs on non workout days? Im trying to put on some solid mass and I feel like I have a good lock on diet, ive been gaining about 3lbs a week but still a little sketchy about carbs on off days....will they hurt more than help? Im trying to bulk fairly lean.....

When bulking, do you refrain from carbs on non workout days? Im trying to put on some solid mass and I feel like I have a good lock on diet, ive been gaining about 3lbs a week but still a little sketchy about carbs on off days....will they hurt more than help? Im trying to bulk fairly lean.....

If you're bulking, continue to eat carbs on non workout days, just make sure they're complex carbs.

If you're bulking, continue to eat carbs on non workout days, just make sure they're complex carbs.

agreed. I still take sesapure, cla, and r-ala when bulking. I can eat many more carbs and many more calories and not gain fat.

When bulking I like to have between 200-300 carbs on training days, 150-200 on non training days. Only if I am on cla, r-ala, and sesapure though

Yeah I take ZIP and do a little cardio 3 times a week, this seems to be my sweetspot for gaining weight and actually I have been losing a little fat

When bulking I typically use stimulant free fat burners as well. I also really like a low dose of t3. The combination of zip or levorex, cla, r-ala, sesapure, and t3... Along with low intensity cardio for 300 calories 3-5 times per week.

This has always allowed me to eat clean and big, gain LBM, and stay super lean. And I can still have a couple of cheat meals per week.

you should eat a mix of simple and complex carbs with every meal. its all about balance around the clock. all of this no carbs for your last meal and low carbs on off days stuff does not pertain to building muscle. that kind of diet is meant to keep you skinny.

you should eat a mix of simple and complex carbs with every meal. its all about balance around the clock. all of this no carbs for your last meal and low carbs on off days stuff does not pertain to building muscle. that kind of diet is meant to keep you skinny.

I agree and disagree.

Some people are very sensitive in reaction to carbs, both simple and complex. I agree that it is all about balance. It is true that low carb and no carb isn't conducive to bulking. I can build LBM on a TKD, not the same way I can on full carbs of course.

No carb and low carb is to get shredded not really to keep skinny. I am getting very lean, but I am definitely not skinny, nor am I huge. And that's the way I like to be: very lean with good size.

When bulking I maintain 90% of my carbs are complex. I'll consume dextrose sometimes post workout, but have been straying away from simple carbs post workout. Only time I really eat simple carbs is when I am cheating.

I feel that maintaing 90% complex carbs while bulking for me leads to building the LBM i want and staying very lean.

I agree and disagree.

Some people are very sensitive in reaction to carbs, both simple and complex. I agree that it is all about balance. It is true that low carb and no carb isn't conducive to bulking. I can build LBM on a TKD, not the same way I can on full carbs of course.

No carb and low carb is to get shredded not really to keep skinny. I am getting very lean, but I am definitely not skinny, nor am I huge. And that's the way I like to be: very lean with good size.

When bulking I maintain 90% of my carbs are complex. I'll consume dextrose sometimes post workout, but have been straying away from simple carbs post workout. Only time I really eat simple carbs is when I am cheating.

I feel that maintaing 90% complex carbs while bulking for me leads to building the LBM i want and staying very lean.

i worded that to blunt. i didnt mean to say that no carbs means you cant build muscle. i was trying to say that keeping a low carb intake or a sporatic carb intake will put some limitations on your ability to gain.

the simple carb thing:
if you could find the time to eat 10 meals per day with less complex carbs per meal and add some simple carbs in each meal i am 99.9% positive that you will find it to give an effective boost to your digestion rate. it will not trigger fat storage but it will allow you to eat more food and make better use of it, ultimately allowing more muscle growth. the ratio needed will vary from person to person (for me its about 60% complex 40% simple) unless you are diabetic.

Top Bottom