Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

take on an empty stomach...

ZGzaZ

If my supp says this, does this mean I can eat right after I take it, assuming I hadnt eaten for a while when taking it...

So I have a meal at 10:30, then at 1:00 i take the supp (on an empty stomach) then can I immediately eat a meal? or does it have to set in an empty stomach?

I'd say you can eat pretty soon after taking the supplement (maybe wait five minutes or so!).

The reason some supps. and medication are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach is to avoid having them become digested in the stomach (most likely because stomach acids/enzymes will destroy it before it can reach the intestines). So when your stomach is empty, it is also effectively "open" to the small intestine (when you eat food, the digestion process kicks into gear and the stomach "closes" up to allow for digestion).

So when you take your pills on empty stomach, they move quickly though the stomach and into the small intestine (meaning it's safe to eat quite soon after taking them).

Cool! I'm on an antibiotic (Minocycline)
for all this acne on my back and chest etc. (What the hell!?) and it's supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. So I can eat about 10 min. after taking it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom