Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mixing protein shakes in a blender

jacobswell

i have heard that mixing protein shakes in the blender then drinking them is not as effective as just mixing them with a spoon or something and leaving it all clumpy. frankly i hate the taste of clump and was wondering if the blender thing was a myth of had some reasoning behind it.

actually it was a freind "tails007" who saw me mixing up a 80g protein shake and said that i should use a fork. i still used it in a blender tho.

I actually saw on a protein container that you shouldn't use a blender with it.... too bad I can't find it anymore... Something about how it breaks up the bonds and basically degrades it.

Somebody make sure and pass this on to Muscular Warrier. He might be mixing his Myoplex in a blender.

Blender will have no negative effect

Mechanical agitation will have no effect on the chemical bonds of the protein. It's like saying that a blender will break up water into hydrogen and oxygen. Last time I checked that didn't happen.

As long as you don't throw the shake into the microwave you are fine :)

Re: Blender will have no negative effect

Stomper1 said:
It's like saying that a blender will break up water into hydrogen and oxygen. Last time I checked that didn't happen.
It just so happens my blend DOES do this. It's quite annoying.

Damn blender

Haha, well then your wiring is f'd and you have a current going through the water. Probably not the safest thing :)

I just press the clump button on my blender and it clumps the protein up tight and I swallow them like golf balls and chase them with milk I find that I get a good pump afterwards hehe in my mid section for some reason.

Top Bottom