Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long do protein shakes last after mixing?

DaMan

I *LOVE* Triple Threat, but prefer premixing it before heading out...

If I mix it, say, 4 hrs before I need it, is that too long?

To my knowledge, the most that'll happen is a little bit of settling at the bottom... just get a shaker and shake it back up whenever you need it?

They degrade over time? Ive never heard that. What about the pre-mixed protein shakes that they sell at gyms? do those degrade too?

protein

do you guys think that there is much of a difference between protein shakes. I used to drink isopures but they tasted like shit so I switched to pro blend 55 Pro blend tastes better but I dont know if its working as well

DaMan said:
I *LOVE* Triple Threat, but prefer premixing it before heading out...

If I mix it, say, 4 hrs before I need it, is that too long?
Good question.. I make 20 of them and freez them im sure that helps them keep .

Uhm.. protein shakes don't degrade. The only thing I can see that might go wrong is if you left if out for a long time and the milk spoiled.

Dooley said:
Uhm.. protein shakes don't degrade. The only thing I can see that might go wrong is if you left if out for a long time and the milk spoiled.

They DO degrade.

Someone posted a study on one of the million other AS boards that found the protein content of a whey/milk shake after 12 hrs was like 60% relative to the 100% it was at 0 hrs.

I just can't remember the exact numbers, nor where the hell I read that...

It DEFINITELY happens, though. Premix a shake and drink it seven days later (making sure the milk is still good) and tell me you can't tell what's wrong.

We're NOT talking about protein drinks (white lightening, myoplex etc), we're talking about HOME-MADE powder mixes.

I remember reading somewhere; if protein shakes are left mixed for a long time (can't tell how long) they will be very inviting to bacteria growth. I think this could be true and should be more important than degrading protein quality.

Top Bottom