Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what was your first job

S

Spartacus

mine at 16 was a pizza place
first 6 mos I was "up front" making pizzas or cooking them, perhaps running the register
then one night the dining room was a mess
so mgmt sent mike into the dining room
my dumb ass did such a good job
I'd build walls in my bus tray with 16 inch pizza pans and take out the whole dining room
equiped with multiple fresh clean cloths and wipe down the tables proper
well there after I was scheduled dining room, dish washing detail
had to to teach the blacks how it's done

Porter in a bodyshop as a cash under the table gig when I was a kid. 1st real gig was a research and development tech at Callaway Golf.

I thought I set the pattern of including some noteable comments
after all this is your first job
you must have something to point out

I was 15 and lazy as fuck. Sat in the caddy shack praying nobody would pick me. This old mean fuck named 'Red' picked me everytime. He would scream and throw his clubs into the woods expecting me to go fetch them. Asshole never gave me more then a quarter. I'm sure he's dead by now and I'm glad.

When I was 14 I was a part-time runaway, and when I was at home I wasn't really going to school so I had to get a job to make money.
So I got a job at a second hand clothing store so I could get cheap punk clothes like plaid pants that I tapered and sewed zippers all over. I was sort of a bit Bay City Rollers meets nancy Spungeon sort of look. Ha.
It was really fun, and I got lots of great stuff, but i was fired because I did a really bad job and didn't take it too seriously, and I was mostly stoned on valium the whole time so I was really dumb and couldn't remember how to do stuff.
Ok not at all seriously. I can't believe I even got hired in the first place.

I thought I set the pattern of including some noteable comments
after all this is your first job
you must have something to point out
The thing I remember most about working in a bodyshop:
I witnessed a piece-of-shit loser, middle-aged porter take a huge dump in the toilet and clog it all up, then mash the turd down the drain with a broom handle while cussing at it.

Bagboy at a small town grocery store and grass cutting and worked at baseball city park cleaning up and dragging the fields all at 15. I was always working.

Top Bottom