Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

great last words...."I'll send you his head on Halloween."

mekannik

Dismemberment killer curses victim's family, draws life sentence

Before he was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison without parole for killing and dismembering a St. Paul man, Darnell C. Smith swore at the victim's family and attacked the victim's character.

Smith, 26, of Minneapolis, said there wasn't much he could say about the death of Bobbie D. Holder, and said of himself, "You can say goodbye to the bad guy."

Several people sitting in the courtroom gallery said "bye-bye" before Smith said to Holder's mother, "I'll send you his head on Halloween."

Although Holder's torso was found July 8 in Wisconsin, the rest of his body hasn't been found. He had been killed three days earlier in Smith's apartment in the 2600 block of 13th Avenue S. in Minneapolis.

Before the sentencing, Holder's mother, Leda Fashaw, said that Smith was the total opposite of her son.

"He was tall, dark, handsome, charismatic. People loved him," she said.

"He had a mother who loved him. Every choice I made for 20 years was about my son."

Smith said that Holder was no angel but was a dope-smoking man. At the time of his death, Holder was awaiting sentencing in Ramsey County District Court for fifth-degree drug possession.

At one point during Smith's outburst, his attorney, Mike Colich, told the judge he wanted to talk to his client. He later said he indicated to Smith that he was losing patience with Smith's conduct and he should stop it out of respect for the court.

Smith also said in court: "I know I'm a piece of [expletive]. I have been all my life. Let the state take care of me."

Later in his comments he said, "I'm sorry for what I did to him."

Holder was lured to Smith's apartment by Smith's girlfriend, Tina D. Leja. She and Smith had met in February 1999 at the Stillwater prison, where he was an inmate and she was a guard. But Smith believed Holder was attracted to Leja and that Holder had set him up to be robbed, prosecutors argued. Smith was convicted of first-degree murder.

Before Hennepin County District Judge Thorwald Anderson imposed the sentence, he said that Holder's mother had lost the treasure of her life, her marriage was destroyed and she was financially ruined. He told Fashaw: "I hope and pray that whoever you pray to will have the light shine on you for peace and comfort."

The law allowed Smith to be sentenced to life in prison without parole, because he had a 1995 conviction for sexually assaulting a girl who was younger than 13.

The judge told Smith that he had tried to tally up the lives Smith had ruined.

They included his own flesh and blood, his brother Chaka Smith, 18, who is serving a 20-year prison term for second-degree murder in Holder's death.

He said Leja, 27, had a certain level of responsibility for her actions but that Smith "led her into temptation." She is serving a 17 1/2-year prison term for second-degree murder.

Andre L. Parker, 31, of Minneapolis, was sentenced to four years in prison for helping Leja dispose of Holder's body.

Parker and Leja had said they were afraid of Smith.

After the sentencing, Hennepin County Attorney Amy Klobuchar said Smith is the proper example of someone who will never walk out of prison.

She called Smith's comments, which included a veiled threat to Holder's mother by giving her home address in court, completely inappropriate.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/2616376.html

Thats is when Satanic Goatslayer shoukld have been the baliff

Top Bottom