Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

forearm PAIN!!!

HappyScrappy

Okay - so last weekend I moved the big stuff into my new apartment with some help from a guy much bigger than me (thanks!!!) and then the next day noticed my forearms were REALLY sore. then I lifted arms on that Monday and my forarms were dying - I couldn't lift as much weight as usual, not b/c my bis were fatigued, but b/c my forarms were screaming in pain... well, okay, I was the one screaming.
so I went about the week, moved some more boxes this weekend, and then did arms today - the forearms are even fucking worse.

they now hurt all the time - I'm in total pain right now. the only time they don't hurt is if I'm gripping on something extremely hard. and even then, they hurt, but less, so that seems like no pain.

does anyone have any ideas how to fix this (please don't say rest), or what it could be?

it feels like when my calves grew too fast back when I first started running and they split the sheath that surrounds the muscle.

is it difficult to move any of your fingers? its obviously not impossible but is it hard to clench your hand etc...?

does ur hand make a funny shape at all when a rest?

I can grip as hard as I normally can - it kills until I grip as hard as I can, then all is fine.

resting now my hands are the same as always - during and right after weights they were all fucked up.

my forearms feel like they are bursting apart right now, like the muscles want to be in a container twice the size of their current one.

one of my friends came down with ALS (lou gherig's disease) and this was the first symptom she had - but I'm not too worried about this being it since I'm pretty sure it was hauling the heavy shit that started it.

its unlikely u contracted a disease this quickly that soon after lifting

see, i was thinking maybe u tore a tendon/smashed a bone etc. but then it would be harder for u to make a fist etc...but thts more likely on an injury side.

i have no idea what carpal tunnel is but hav heard it a lot when forearm pains are mention. your carpal muscles are around your wrist/forearm area. i dunno....did u try ice-ing it when the injury occured (rest ice compression elevation)

if it didnt work a doctor is robably the only option/X-ray just to make sure.

yeah, I need to ice it - I think it feels like a tear (fascia?) more than anything else. certainly didn't break anything.

and I don't think it is CTS - that is more of a numbing of the hands starting at the wrists - and I take precautions for the most part against that.
and there is much discussion how much of that is real and what not.

it might just be good ol tendonitis, but it sure feels worse than any of the tendonitis I've ever had before

it might be hyperextension of a ligament, im just guessing here,b but by carrying something very heavy,. it mayhave pulled on a ligament very hard which is normally used when your hnd moves to its straight position. if it were hyperextended, clenching it may reduce tension on that ligament.

maybe try some paracetemol as an anti-inflammatory...i had a hyperextended ligament once, it took months to heal im afraid and affected forearm and brachial work im afraid....but i dont know shit yet...go see a doc. he'll know :mix:

I hate seeing the doc.
the body is a magical thing, if you just keep taking drugs and allow time to run its course, it will heel itself.

at least, that was how I felt about them herpes.

i hate seeing the doc too

but if its a very serious tear, or a break and it doesnt heal right/at all it shall surely suck more :)

for my hyperextension they said there was nothing to do aside from let it heal. id go see him if it lasts more than a day or 2, but u should probably see him tommorow or something.

Top Bottom