Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

concussion at the gym

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Hey everyone. I had just finished chest on the day before st paddy's day during the night and I was headed up the stairs to the pool. A bunch of water was on the step and I slipped and flipped up in the air and my head smashed against the metal guard rail and knocked me out. I was bleeding out of my mouth and they wanted me to get in an ambulance but I declined. They gave me some ice, Gatorade, (and then tried to get me food), and then gave me a ride home. I went to the ER later and its a concussion but I don't have internal bleeding. I'm not gonna name the gym but I'll just say it's corporate. I paid all the medical bills, but I just wanted them to apologize to me about it. They wont, but said they were glad I was okay. I realize the janitor probably didn't get around to it or there was a reason he didn't put a wet floor sign up or maybe some dude just got the floor real wet just before, but I just want to hear them say that it was their bad. Is that not going to happen? I saw them scolding the janitor really bad after it happened. I'm just glad I'm okay. I'm not an asshole and I just want accountability. I was supposed to not go to work/school for a week but did anyway......

Please, next time you hit your head so bad you lose consciousness you go to the ER right away okay? You could have died or had swelling and bleeding that you didn't notice till you've lost the ability to walk and talk.

Yeah they aren't going to say they're sorry. The janitor should be fired though. You could sue if you wanted. But then you'd pry have to find another gym

Never decline ambulance when youre bleeding from your mouth after hitting your head

WTF rob

Never decline ambulance when youre bleeding from your mouth after hitting your head

WTF rob

Amber-lamps.jpg

They cant apologize because it is an admission of guilt that can later be used against them in court.

WTF rob
yeah but I bit my gums upon impact of the head so that's why I was bleeding out of the mouth.

I didn't have my insurance card on me, and who was going to pay for the ambulance? even after medical I still probably would of paid a few thousand for it. The big corporate gym sure as hell wouldn't. And whens the last time you heard of a big corporate gym paying for a middle class white boy to go to the ER? pretty much never in the history of mankind.

Top Bottom