Steroid Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter

Posted: 18-Apr-2009 01:17 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Steroid Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: Warning Regarding Steroidal Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter At FAME our highest priority is promoting the the BodyProud lifestyle and ideals, and creating a drug free competition environment for all our competitors. We receive many questions regarding which over the counter supplements are legal for natural competition. The sup...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 18-Apr-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
United States
Warning Regarding Steroidal Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter

At FAME our highest priority is promoting the the BodyProud lifestyle and ideals, and creating a drug free competition environment for all our competitors. We receive many questions regarding which over the counter supplements are legal for natural competition. The supplement industry is a rapidly changing environment and it can be difficult to tell which products are OK to use, and which could possibly contain banned substances.

First, we believe itís very important to say that if you donít know what the ingredients are in any supplement, and donít understand what that ingredient does, donít take it. Itís your responsibility as a consumer to know and understand what you are putting in to your body! Any reble company will explain the ingredients in their products and explain why they are included.

There is currently a flood of over the counter products on the market which are promoted as muscle builders or hardners which, due to a loophole in the law, legally contain fully active oral anabolic steroids. These are not ďpro-hormonesĒ or natural products with names that sound similar to actual steroids, but full strength anabolic steroids with all the potential effects and side effects of scheduled, prescription anabolic steroids. In some cases, chemists have dug into the pharmaceutical record to find steroids which were researched but never brought to market and copied these formulas. In other cases, chemists have made small alterations to a known steroid and created a new drug with similar effects, but which technically is not on any scheduled substance list. Because these drugs were never brought to market, or arenít known to the FDA, they were never technically scheduled and not on any list of scheduled drugs. They are, however, 100% steroids and every bit as potent as their prescription cousins. In many cases they are more dangerous because they have worse side effects than the drugs the pharmaceutical companies chose to develop and market. To make matters even more confusing, supplement companies often use confusing names to describe these ingredients on the label that make it very difficult for someone without a chemistry degree to know what they are.

Make no mistake, using products containg these OTC steroids can and will cause you to test positive for banned substances. When your body metabolizes these steroids, chemicals called metabolites are left in your body. The metabolites from these OTC steroids are often chemically similar or even identical to the metabolites left by prescription steroids. Drug tests look for the metabolites left in your body after using steroids, and a drug test will not be able to tell the difference between an OTC steroid and a prescription steroid. You test will will simply come back positive for steroids and you will be banned from competition. If you use OTC steroids, you are using steroids. Make no mistake about it!

Itís important to note that not all supplements on the market contain steroids. There are many very effective muscle building and fat burning products that are 100% legal. Protein Powders, Creatine Products, NO2 Products, Amino Acids, and thermogenic fat burners are generally all safe for use in natural competiton. However, as stated above, always read the label and if you donít know what an ingredient is, or what it does, find out before using it. Products promoted as Anabolic donít necessarily contain steroids either. Anabolic simply means ďGrowth CausingĒ and there are many legitimate and natural Anabolic product on the market.

When looking out for OTC steroids, look for ingredients with names that look like this:

17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol
2a, 17a di-methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol
19-Norandrosta 4,9 diene- 3,17 dione
17a-methyl-1, 4-Androstadiene-3, 17-diol
4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3,17b-diol
3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-5-ene-17-one

This is not a comprehensive list. There are many more steroidal compounds on the market and new ones being added all the time. If a product you are considering using includes chemical names similar to those listed above, it is very likely to contain steroidal compounds that will cause you to test positive on a steroid test. Additionally, these products carry with them the same potential risks as prescription steroids. Itís important that you know what you are putting into your body! Research and learn about the ingredients before using any nutritional supplement!

Source - BodyProud.org

hmmm A little true and a little not.
Gallery of needtogetaas  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Steroid Supplements Currently Being Sold Over The Counter

Old 18-Apr-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
United States
I am amazed that the Feds haven't done something about this already. The thing is, when they do come down on these OTC drugs, they're going to come down hard. I worry that they may ban just about everything including some other supplements that are very safe and have nothing to do with this.
Gallery of centeroiler  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 18-Apr-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
United States

put em all in one cap needto make the cap yellow and call it jaundice. put me down for 1 case.
Gallery of joe d  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 18-Apr-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
United States
So now you are suggesting that needto's products are overly toxic? He has been very specific in saying that they are 17 alpha-alkylated and have to be taken with caution. Whats up with you man? You are one very angry guy.

Quote posted by joe d View Post

put em all in one cap needto make the cap yellow and call it jaundice. put me down for 1 case.
Gallery of centeroiler  

Old 18-Apr-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
United States
Quote posted by centeroiler View Post
So now you are suggesting that needto's products are overly toxic? He has been very specific in saying that they are 17 alpha-alkylated and have to be taken with caution. Whats up with you man? You are one very angry guy.

lol. i am probably one of the least angry people you will ever come across. my post was a joke. look at my next blast in my sig.

Last edited by joe d; 18-Apr-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Gallery of joe d  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 18-Apr-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Canada
OMG this from an organization that does there drug testing by a panel of people that look at you to see if you look light you mught have done steroids. If they had real drug tests vs a panel of people that looked at you to judge if you looked enhanced then I might give them a little credit on knowing a thing or two about steroids or OTC "supplements."
Gallery of superqt4u2nv  
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 18-Apr-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Battle Tested

Karmic Power: 65190
Karma Hits: 325100830
1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.1500 has moved beyond the Karma Universe.

Quote posted by centeroiler View Post
he actually is a good bro. He says whats on his mind and doesnt kiss any ass. He isnt a sheep and isnt scared to voice his opinion on issues where others wouldnt dare. He is a realist and knows that steroids have side effects and he obviously isnt one of those people who think "it will never happen to me". All very solid qualities.Plus he was only joking. He takes needto's products.
United States

Gallery of 1500  
Discover our most exclusive membership.

Old 18-Apr-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
United States
Quote posted by 1500 View Post
he actually is a good bro. He says whats on his mind and doesnt kiss any ass. He isnt a sheep and isnt scared to voice his opinion on issues where others wouldnt dare. He is a realist and knows that steroids have side effects and he obviously isnt one of those people who think "it will never happen to me". All very solid qualities.Plus he was only joking. He takes needto's products.
Joe-d has been threw my needto underground program. He uses my products and prob will use other products I come out with.

He is a good guy and he is real. He was making a joke but I bet if I did make a cap like that his sick ass would take it
Gallery of needtogetaas  

Old 18-Apr-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
United States
Quote posted by needtogetaas View Post
Joe-d has been threw my needto underground program. He uses my products and prob will use other products I come out with.

He is a good guy and he is real. He was making a joke but I bet if I did make a cap like that his sick ass would take it

lolololololol i spit my water out on my key board.
Gallery of joe d  

Old 18-Apr-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
United States
Quote posted by joe d View Post
lolololololol i spit my water out on my key board.
O and I would say take 1-2 caps a day for 4 weeks. Joe would take 8 caps a day for 3 weeks. Hay if i cut off the last week I'll be ok.
Gallery of needtogetaas