Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Question

lembot

I have heard that glutamine is one of the best all around supplements for muscle recovery. But, i have read so much on this that i have now gotten confused. Here is my question:

What is the difference between the following, which is better, and why?

L-Glutamine free form powder

Glutamine peptides

Effervescent glutamine (i think is called that) -- its made by MHP

[This message has been edited by lembot (edited April 20, 2001).]

There are numerous supplements sold that have glutamine added to them, and you can also find free-form L-glutamine. One word of caution though: An excessive intake of free-form L-Glutamine is not recommended if you have kidney or liver dysfunctions, such as cirrhosis or renal insufficiency. This is because supplementation with L-Glutamine under these conditions might lead to the accumulation of urea or ammonia. Also, L-Glutamine is only stable in a solution when heat sterilization techniques have not been employed.Glutamine is the amino acid in its free-form, which means it's in its whole food state, whenever you eat foods such as almonds and peanuts your ingesting glutamine amino acids. L-Glutamine is basically the same thing. Its glutamine in its free-form (whole food). The majority of supplement companies sell L-glutamine and tout it as the best form, which it is not.
Glutamic Acid is familiar if one turns over their container of protein powder and sees "glutamic acid". Why not glutamine instead of glutamic acid? "The reason is that the acid hydrolysis stage of the analysis converts the glutamine into glutamic acid, releasing ammonia. Thus the glutamic acid level actually represents the combined levels of glutamine and glutamic acid. One can figure out the amount of glutamine in the glutamic acid content fairly easy. In animal proteins such as whey, casein, milk, and egg proteins 50% is actually glutamine. In plant proteins such as soy, 80% is glutamine

Top Bottom