Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which Flax oil is better???

chillin408

a) the one that is not refrigerated,but expires in november 2001(doesnt say exact date)

b) the one that is regfrigerated but expires in june 13 2001,also this one was a much thicker very hard black bottle its spectrum

a) is just in a black plastic bottle not really too hard. and it says on the bottle it has a 6 months longer shelf life than most other brands?? i dont understand how that can be if its the same indrigents ?? is that a sign that its really crapping and its the opposite of what their claiming?

[This message has been edited by chillin408 (edited April 06, 2001).]

B. The one with an exact date you're talking about is the Barleans brand more than likely. They are certified organic and tested. Also the most expensive but hey, you know you're gettin top notch. I've been using them for years, and sometimes when the health food store is out, I'll buy the brand by NOW foods. Much cheaper, but not rich in lignans.

Well all flax oils should be kept refridgerated and in a dark place. Further, you should switch brands and names etc. and not rely on the same one all the time. This is also advocated by Charles Poliquin and other experts.

I would only ever recommend Barleans or Mass Quantities. The oil is cold, expeller pressed to preserve freshness and quality in both cases. Be sure to shake before using to prevent the lignans from settling out.

------------------
Yours in sport,

George

George Spellwin
Research Director

Tell four friends about elitefitness.com and get a FREE report, "Anabolic Steroid and Supplement Secrets the Pros and Models Pray You Never Find Out!"
Click here to Give them a free subscription to Elite Fitness News.

Act now, this is available for a limited time only!

I just opened up and tried my new flax seed oil with rosemary extract , i think it also has vitamin E and C maybe some other stuff but i think thast it,it says health from sun on the bottle ,im not sure if thats the company name though

anyway it tastes way fuckin different from the flax seed oil i use to eat ,which was pure flax seed oil ,thats it. Now i can relate to people saying it tastes bad. Not that it tastes good before but i could eat it with a spoon pretty easily,but shot glass i would definetly barf. But the new one has a bad taste thats a little different, i think maybe the addititives kind of mask the taste? but they taste horrible,anyway i could probably down this stuff with a shot glass without barfing because it has a different kind of bad taste,very strong

so do the additives or rosemary extract make that much a different in taste?? or is something wrong?

[This message has been edited by chillin408 (edited April 12, 2001).]

Why do I have to drink the nasty Sh-t when i can take it in Gelcap form. Is there any disadvantage to Flax in Gelcap form?

You don't have to drink it, you can mix it with your food. I know someone who put it in their yogurt (speed) and I tried it but you can't even taste it. Some foods you might some you might not.

I like MQ High Lignan Flax Oil... makes my TripleThreat shakes actually taste better!

------------------
"You just had a near-life experience."

Originally posted by 35andfeel19:
Why do I have to drink the nasty Sh-t when i can take it in Gelcap form. Is there any disadvantage to Flax in Gelcap form?

I hear the the process of putting the oil into the caps ruins its potency. (Everything I read tells me the caps are almost worthless. Besides, you'd have to take more than 30 caps a day to get the same amount as from 3 spoonfulls.
wink.gif

Top Bottom