Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ecdsterone???

R

riskybiz007

Just wondering if anyone has had any results with the Ecdsterone products? I know pinnacle has a new one out anyone had any success with these?

Eas' is the best. Methoxy factor. I am a lot leaner adn strength is up after 2 weeks. Call X4528 @ Eas for the hookup. Its great stuff.

Used Thermo-Life Ecdysten each capsule has
10mg Ecdysterone

Used 6 per day for eight weeks uped my protein

saw great results
check out the new sup. review

Ecdy=suma=beta=zebutol, they are all the same.

------------------
View
After placing in a spring of '99 Jr. Competition, My ego got the best of me and finally popped, releasing all the Hot Air....
View

-Blackop
"I'm not a fighter.......I'm a killer"
USMC

Ecdysterone has some good research behind it. I have been usine the pinnacle brand for a couple of weeks now. 40mg two times per day with a high protein meal. To tell you the truth I havent experience anything noticable yet. I have a two month supply, however, so I havent gave up on lil' Ecdy yet. I let you know what I think about it in a month or so.

Lonewolf I was interested in learning of the research on ecdysterone. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate your sharing the research title and authors.

Thanks for your help!

-Backdoc

Try this journal:
Luke R Bucci. "Selected herbals and human exercise performance" Am J Clin Nutr 2000 72: 624S-636S.

Cube, thank you for your timely reply. However, are you sure that's the research?
Here it is reprinted:

Selected herbals and human exercise performance.

Bucci LR.

Weider Nutrition International, Salt Lake City, UT 84104-4726, USA. [email protected]

Herbs have been used throughout history to enhance physical performance, but scientific scrutiny with controlled clinical trials has only recently been used to study such effects. The following herbs are currently used to enhance physical performance regardless of scientific evidence of effect: Chinese, Korean, and American ginsengs; Siberian ginseng, mahuang or Chinese ephedra; ashwagandha; rhodiola; yohimbe; CORDYCEPS: fungus, shilajit or mummio; smilax; wild oats; Muira puama; suma (ecdysterone); Tribulus terrestris; saw palmetto berries; beta-sitosterol and other related sterols; and wild yams (diosgenin). Controlled studies of Asian ginsengs found improvements in exercise performance when most of the following conditions were true: use of standardized root extracts, study duration (>8 wk, daily dose >1 g dried root or equivalent, large number of subjects, and older subjects. Improvements in muscular strength, maximal oxygen uptake, work capacity, fuel homeostasis, serum lactate, heart rate, visual and auditory reaction times, alertness, and psychomotor skills have also been repeatedly documented. Siberian ginseng has shown mixed results. Mahuang, ephedrine, and related alkaloids have not benefited physical performance except when combined with caffeine. Other herbs remain virtually untested. Future research on ergogenic effects of herbs should consider identity and amount of substance or presumed active ingredients administered, dose response, duration of test period, proper experimental controls, measurement of psychological and physiologic parameters (including antioxidant actions), and measurements of performance pertinent to intended uses.

If that's the only research on ecdysterone, I'm a little skeptical since it really made no mention of the results of the study.

Anyone who has any information on ecdysterone I would greatly appreciate any links or references. Thanks again, Cube for your consideration.

Sorry. I had a search on the main clinical nutrition and physiology journals and this is the only one I could find on Ecdsterone. The others I found were not relevant and such were looking at things on biochemical or molecular level and not related specifically to improving performance. Also, what you have there is the abstract which doesnt state the full outcome of the research. The full text is available online. Ill have another look.

[This message has been edited by Cube (edited April 13, 2001).]

These are the references that EAS use to backup their supplement Methoxy...bla

1) Simakin, S. Yu., et al., “The Combined Use of Ecdisten and the Product ‘Bodrost’ during Training in Cyclical Types of Sport.” Scientific Sports Bulletin, No. 2, 1998.

2 Fadeev, B.G., et al., “Comments on the results of Research of Ratibol in the Practice of Athletic Training and Rehabilitation.” Natural Sports Research Institute.

3 Smetanin, B. Ya., et al., “The Influence of Preparations of Plant Origin on Physical Work Capacity.” The Russian Ministry of Public Health. 1986(In Press)

4 Report: “The Influence of Ecdisten, Prime Plus and Prime 1 on the Hormonal Balance of the Organism.”

I also came across this:

Of these eight herbs, Suma (Pfaffia paniculata) is by far the most well-researched. Studies by Okui and Otaka dating back to 1968 revealed that the
plant enhanced muscle-building without producing the negative hormonal effects steroids are noted for. By 1976, the Russian scientist V.N. Syrov was
convinced that the anabolic agent in Suma was beta-ecdysterone. This gave the Russians the competitive edge in the Olympics, and Suma began to be
called "the Russian Secret."

A dosage of 500 mg. of Suma twice a day helped all athletes during any stage of their training, according to a research report by Health Research
which studied amateur athletes. Experiment participants first noted a "sense of well-being" within 3-5 days, and a new increased desire to get to their
next training session. Weight lifters experienced much less pain during heavy lifts when they took Suma. These researchers recommended 500 mg. for
every 40 lbs. of body weight, spread out evenly in two divided doses, for the maximum gain in muscle strength and size. During a 54-day period
(almost 8 weeks), the dosage was only taken on days 1-10, 16-25, and days 31-40. Despite the 24 days off the herb, researchers reported that
Suma's effects were still felt by the athletes on the off days.

[This message has been edited by Cube (edited April 13, 2001).]

Top Bottom