Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions

Man_Whore

I just bought some L-Glutiamine last night and some Creatine Powder and the guy working told me to put a teaspoon of each into my post workout protein shake, I did and boy di d that taste like shit!

I heard that I should take the glutamine in the morning on an empty stomach or before I drink my shake but if the taste was horrible mixed up in my shake how is it going to be juice?

He also talked me out of buying Twin Labs creatine capsules and said the Pro Performance powder was better, is that true?

He said I could take them back if I didnt like them, so what do you think is the L-glutamine really worth it? I spent $50 dollars on it.

Bro, Those are both pretty good products. But I would have to say that creatine is better than glutamine. The creatine in your shake is not the problem. It is the glutamine. This stuff tastes pretty nasty. And you shouldnt put any glutamine in your shake anyway, because it and the protien conflict when it comes to absorbtion. And glutamine can get pretty spendy, so if it works out for you then great but if not buy some flax seed oil, or some other supps depending on what phase you are in. And I would not buy the creatine capsules just stick to the regular creatine monohydrate. Also How much glutamine do you take a day?

[This message has been edited by McLurch (edited April 04, 2001).]

It said to put a rounded teaspoon into drink once daily. I think its like 10 grams, not sure though. Last night was the first time I have ever taken glutamine.

So what do you put the glutamine in? I was thinking maybe in some gatorade or something.

Yeah I agree...and for begginers...never buy protein with L Glutamine added..because your body cant absorb it...it has to compete with other aminos...Glutamine Peptide, however can be absorbed with protein...so if its not peptide bonded dont take it...or take it on an empty stomach. As far as taste...who cares...itll make you bigger...Id eat a turd if i thought it would make me bigger :p

www.geocities.com/supplementguide

playdo - I never knew that about L-Glutamine. I thought I was getting two daily doses of it as it is an ingredient in the protein shake I use.

So this means it should be taken separately?

This is a debate that's been going on for a while, I believe:

L-glutamine competing with protein and/or creatine when taken at the same time. Some people call B.S., other people agree.

Personally, I can see the logic in not taking L-glutamine w/your protein shake, but not so much with creatine. However, I usually take my creatine with my protein mixed in grape juice (until I buy bulk dextrose) and L-glutamine separately...might as well be sure.

Also, I don't think L-glutamine "makes you bigger". Creatine, yes, but L-glutamine is to aid muscle recovery and I know quite a few people who've said they only take it when cutting.

Lastly, neither L-glutamine or creatine should make your shake taste like ass. Both should be practically flavorless...a bit grainy, but flavorless. I mix L-glutamine in juice and don't taste much besides juice. The guy at GNC was right: go with powder over capsules, but Pro Performance certainly isn't any better than any other brand. A word of advice: ditch GNC, save money and order online!!!

Just a quick note...Studies have shown that L Glutamine taken on a empty stomach is fine...you can take it with carbs just not protein. Glutamine in itself will not make you grow faster....its what it does...it has shown to speed up recovery time..hence growing faster. Therefore you may get bigger...by big i dont mean a genetic freak. It may help you on your quest for getting big.

Glutamine does all these things. And i've heard that in a way it acts like creatine in that it brings water to your muscles. Obviously not to the extent of creatine because w/ creatine you'll actually gain more water weight than glutamine. But glutamine to my knowledge acts anabolicly in that way as well.
I agree that glutamine peptides are way better and can be taken w/ your shake. they're 3 times more effective.

If i were you i would take the glutamine before workout, and then 10min. before your shake so it doesn't compete w/ the other aminos. The creatine you can take w/ your shake.

Top Bottom