Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flax seed

Magda

For anyone who wants to make their own flax oil, you can get a pound of flax seeds for $1.55 at www.sfherb.com they have a sister company for the east coast, I think it is www.atlanticspice.com. It is also interesting some of the benefits of having flax seeds around. For instance, if you have a foreign object in your eye, it is said that if pop a flax seed in your eye it will draw the foreign body out. Personally (lol) I find it a little hard to think about having something in your eye that you cannot get out then putting something else in it!

The Wal-Marts here has started carrying Organic Flax Oil By Natures Bounty. An eight ounce bottle cost $5.76. This is my first experience with Flax oil but it don't seem to be to bad at least compared to the way many of you talk about it being nasty. As long as I can buy it locally this cheap I don't think I'll go through the trouble of trying to make my own.

so are organic flax-oil PILLS (softgels 1000mg) the same thing????

how much do i need to consume per day???? >>>>>the bottle says 2000mg/day. hmmmm.

and so what's the lo down on fish oil caps??? do i need them as well???? [sorry, supplementing fats is just still a little bizarre in my mind.] any info would be great. thanks.

I think It is recomended to have 6000mg a day or 6 gr. I am currently taking 3 Tbs. of Flax oil which is about 36 gr./day. Also it may not be needed but I take 6gr. of fish oil caps a day.

The reason I do so much Flax is cause I try to avoid Saturated fats altogether so I don't get much fat from food.:vampire:

thanks, rockaho. you see, the bottle says 2000 mg/ day but nobody ever really follows THOSE instructions. ;) i think i'll start at 6000 and add fish oil maybe in 2 weeks to see if i notice the difference. reaaally want to avoid any kind of :xeye: well... fishie burps or anything of the sort. eww.

I havent noticed any fishy burps myself. Take them before you eat that should cut back on any tasty burps.

Top Bottom