Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketostix

Rockaho

Just curious as to what kind of readings some of you keto freaks were getting on your ketostix. I was getting about 10-15 mg/dL before I added Flaxseed oil and Fish oil to my diet. Now I get a reading of about 80 mg/dL. And Is there such a thing as to high of a reading and if so what would that be?

There really isn't a lot to explain. There are two basic types of Keto diets one of them is the CKD where you keep carbs below 30 Monday through Friday and then eat carbs on the weekend. Then there is the just straight low carb diet (which I am on). I try to stay below 20 gr. of carbs a day. I here that you can do this for to long and screw your world up. I have been on it for over 3 weeks now and have noticed no ill effects as of yet. I will probably begin to do some variation of the CKD just so my body can see somthing diffrent.

The low carb diet consist mostly of eating meat, cheese, and some veggies. Meat has no Carbs, most cheese has verry little and some veggies have a lot. I don't remember where they were but there are several post on here with links that tell you all about the science and greater detail about the diet. Also the Atkins Diet book is a good source of info on the diet.

If you're in ketosis, you're in ketosis. the darker the stick, the more water you need to drink. Dark purple doesn't mean that you're burning more fat. Lyle claims you should go for the lighter readings.

My epic post "Diets that Work" available on this very site, explains the keto diet in a longer way.

Top Bottom