Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Measuring calorie/carb/protein/fats/etc intake

patro

What are the easiest ways to measure the amounts of calorie, carb, protein, fats, etc. you consume?

How can you plan everyday's meal so perfectly? Do you take lunch to work? How do you keep within your goals????

Thanks,

Fat-ass in Singapore

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Get a Food count book that tells you all you want to know about food. Make an initial meal plan (whatever you think will be good and you like to eat), calculate the gr. cals. or whatever of those foods on your plan. Now add or subtract items to balance the day the way you want it. Its that simple. Once you get your basic meals down you mix and match them kinda like clothes.

I prepare almost a weeks worth (4-5 days) of food in advance. That way i dont get lazy and eat somthing "Bad" when im tired from a long work out. Have a good healthy meal pre cooked earlier in the week and pop it in the microwave
:)

works for me

There's a book called "The Complete Book of Food Counts." It lists the nutritional and caloric content of just about every food you could possibly consume, including brand name products and fast foods. It's a great reference.

Another option is a program I've been using of late to track my food intake called Cross Trainer II. You can download a 30-trial version from http://www.innovativelogic.com/crosstrainer.

It has a lot of food information already stored in the program, but in the event that a food you're eating isn't in there, it has a feature that allows you to add it to the database.

The program will track meals and snacks and keeps a daily running total of your intake and compares it to your goal so you can determine if you're not eating enough of something.

Here's the on-line counter that I use. It's a little pesky to do the first time, but it works like a champ after. I happen to like charts and graphs, so this is ideal for me.

You enter your food (if you're planning, you can do it before you eat) and the calculator breaks it down into fats, protein, etc. YOu can set goals, check your nutrients--what's not to love?
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

Definitely prepare all your 5-6 meals each day in advance!! This way there is no doubt, no waivering, no temptation to eat anything else. The hard part is living in Singapore (or anywhere else outside of USA). The online food databases really don't work well for non-Americans. My best advice is to plan your deit as best you can using the American food databases. Prepare EVERYTHING as much as you can in advance and carry your next couple of meals with you no matter where you go. In Singapore you will need a cooler or access to a refrigerator wherever you go.

Thanks for the excellent answers.

Keiko - That site is great I'm going to use it everyday.

MS - May I ask...where do you live? Also, I'm just going to eat common foods like chicken, tuna, fruits, vegetables, etc. that can easily be counted.

But if I were to eat many of the local foods (Chinese, Indian, Malay) I would never be able to tell the breakdown of what I'm eating...plus they're so damn greasy!!

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Top Bottom