Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fruit

Vwroom6

Hello all, I like to eat a lot of fruit. What are the best low carb, low sugar fruits that I can eat?

Um, if you're looking for low carb, then fruit is not the place to be looking. It is mostly made up of water, but the calories it does have are mostly from carbs (I could be forgetting some fruit or another though I guess). Also, fruit is usually high in fructose which isn't even good post-workout cause it's broken down slowly. Personally, I don't eat much fruit even though I realize I am missing out on some good vitamins. Eat veggies instead, especially if you're dieting.

If you're really going to die w/o fruit, berries and melon are the lowest in carbs. Bananas are high in carbs, but high in potassium. Personally, I'll eat fruit maybe every other day (I'm cutting), but only around lunch and not after 4. Like Nathan pointed out, veggies are a better carb choice, higher in fiber.

Fruit with a more temperate origin, like apples and pears, have more fiber = less carbs and lower GI.

boink....

...Was going through some older posts. This one is interesting.

I absolutely love fruit. But I just realized that fructose of one of the three simplest sugars (glucose, sucrose, fructose)...making it...umm...basically a simple carb.

Keiko:
Why don't you eat fruit after 4?

~dE

I stick to one fruit a day or every other day early in the morning, melons, grapefruit...blueberries. They're low in GI and very nutricious. If you would like to get lean and mean(ripped) try to limit your fruit intake to just one a day.Get your sourses from veggies.
Good Luck

I don't eat any carbs after 4. Some people might burn them off, but I seem to just pack them away.

Top Bottom