Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do novices need separate cutting/bulking phases

emmab

For novices, who never strive to be at pro level, is it necessary to separate cutting and bulking phases. Please don't call me slack or lacking determination etc, but the reality is I am a 30 yo female with two under three yo children, and working part time. I always make time for my workouts, but the diet side is hard with a family. Is it possible to build muscle and lose fat at once, or am I expecting too much

bro in my experience everything is possible:
never say never BUT to gain muscle and loose fat unless you have $$$ for growth is very hard... in turn, you can put on quality muscle w/ limitations at hand -> keeping bf% low... it's hard but it's possible to put on muscle while keeping the same bf% or putting on 1-3% which is low....your diet would be the key in the case
--> My say in this )-> separate bulking and dieting,,,, you'll get way bigger this way and in the long run it's cheaper
My 2cents
Mr.X

haha. You called a lady "bro". :D

Anyway, I'd say maybe it IS expecting a bit too much. In my experience, though (going by friends, family, etc.) it's possible to adjust the RATIO a bit, given enough time. Say you start eating just over maintenance calories. Technically, you'll build muscle until your caloric intake can no longer supprt more. If you continue to exercise, (lifting, of course,) you can maintain that muscle while returning to your normal caloric intake (while eating lots of protein, of course. :) ). End result: a few more pounds of muscle, a few less pounds of fat.

This means you never really have to "bulk", and you never really have to "cut", but you'll end up looking and feeling quite a bit better.

Anybody else with opinions?

What I did was increase my protein intake a bit and drop my carbs a bit, while lifting 3-4 days a week, heavy, until I had my strength back (not to where I was 8 years ago, but stronger than your average 48 year old mom.)I ate 5-6 times day and still do, to get my metbolism humming along.

Then, having lowered my BF% but with no pound loss, I upped my cardio (per WarLobo) to 1 hour, lowered my cals (due to age and thyroid misbehaviour) and now I lift as heavy as I can stand, but only 2 days a week.

NOw I've lost pounds, have some definition (enough to keep my morale up) and I continue to make strength gains. My BF% is dropping, too. I guess I had miniature cutting and bulking cycles.

When I first lifted, I could burn fat and make muscle almost at the same time, but not now.

As I eat an Isocalorie diet (equal %s of fat, carbs, protein) I just feed my family the same way. If they want ice cream, etc. fine, I just don't eat it.

Are you getting stronger? Are you losing inches?

------------------
It's not funny, like on TV, and it's not smart, like it is in books.

[This message has been edited by keiko (edited April 16, 2001).]

my mistake I wasn't clear on her being a female b4 I wrote the response
I appologize
My 2cents
Mr.X

Top Bottom