Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MANY dieting inquirings, including some insulin questions

blood_drinker

Hey. I have a bunch of questions that I thought of last night. Ill cover a few in this post, please if you are going to reply attempt to satisfy all the questions to the best of your ability. No one liners for a full page post. Those piss me off , as they probably do to you too :)

1) In Body For Life, how can you possibly lose body fat if you eat every two hours and eat carbs in every meal? Wont insulin levels be perpetually elevated in that it will inhibit fat loss? How long does the insulin surge last for (High GI carbs+Protein+Some Fat?)

2)
a) If you gain say 10 lbs muscle, by how much will your metabolism increase? Is there a formula for this or does this depend on the individual?
b) I know that muscle boosts your Daily maintenance levels because of increased muscle mass. Does cardio do the same, or does it just train you cardio-vascularly?

3) Could you please explain delay onset muscle sorness (DOMS)?

4) Some days I do not feel hungry while dieting. Does this mean Im not losing bfIs most bf burned at night while I rest?

5) Dr. Atkins says that Aspartame is not allowed in his diet. I read one of the sweeteners I have in this house, and it read Ingredients: 94%lactose, 6%aspartame.
WTF! And i was using this sweeteners all the time and avoiding dairy like the plague.
So my question is, will drinking diet coke impede my fat loss endeavours? It has aspartame, and im wondering if it has lactose too, since it~s a sugar.

6) Is there such a thing as overtraining cardio wise? Im Brazilian, and Im back in my home country now after being in Paris for a long while, and Im playing soccer compulsively. Is this bad?

PLEASE, attempt to answer all questions.
Thanks, blood

[This message has been edited by blood_drinker (edited April 08, 2001).]

Oh alright then

1) BFL works fine for most novice lifters/dieters. The whole concept of carbs/insulin/GI has been WAY over emphasized IMHO. BFL is still a pretty low fat, high protein diet. The meals are small and frequent, and the calories are below maintenance, This combined with weight training=fat loss and sometimes muscle gain for folks that have previously had shitty diets and no exercize.

2) A rough estimate for muscle metabolism is 35cals per pound of muscle. So 10lbs muscle could increase you BMR by up to 350 cals per day. This is assuming we're talking about nett muscle gain and not just water/glycogen bloat.

3) DOMS. Not sure on this one. Lactic acid from anaerobic training, and possibly microtears to the muscle fibers would be my best explanation.

4) Loss of hunger could be from many things. Illness, overtraining, boredom with limited, flavorless food choices, use of appetite suppressants or eating too much. Appetite is not an indicator of fatloss or fat gain. That's why you should always plan your meals and eat what was planned. If you've got your diet dialed in you shouldn't ever get too hungry. Cravings, however, are a constant problem, but it's important to distinguish cravings from real hunger.

5) Aspartame is OK for most people in small quantities. Just don't go over board on the diet cokes.

6) Too much cardio can result in muscle loss (along with fatloss). Whether or not you're doing too much cardio is hard to tell. If you're losing fat and keeping muscle then don't worry about it. Soccer sounds like a fun way to get exercize. But if your muscles are shrinking, then that may be a sign that it's time to cut back, and maybe focus more on the weights. All I can say in the nicest possible way is that I've never seen a muscular looking professional soccer player!

Top Bottom