Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there really a need for protein or MRP shakes?

the*_Rat

Why are these so popular? I can eat 5,6 maybe 7 real meals a day. Is it just a lazy mans way or is there an acctual benefit from these that a regular meal will not have. The reason I ask is because it would be nice to substitute a meal or two due to the time it takes to prepare and eat it. (laziness)
I'm continuosly bulking.
And I am busy aswell, no excuses

these go for SOME MRP
-taste wicked
-fast absorption rate
-good quality protein
-extra vitamins/minerals and crap in them
-you know exactly how many g's of c/p/f your getting..

Do you really need them? No. The problem is how many chicken breasts, steaks, and eggs can you choke down? They are not necessary, but they taste great and help you get in xtra protein at a relatively low price.

[This message has been edited by BigAndy69 (edited February 14, 2001).]

No they're not necessary but they will take a lot of the guesswork out of nutrition and meal planning. Like BigAndy said, how much of those foods can you choke down before you get totally sick of them? Plus, I like the idea of getting all those vitamins and minerals...helps to cover all the bases.

------------------
"The war of life is waged on a mental battleground." - me

I don't have a big enough stomach to ingest everything I should be getting from whole foods while on a mass building cycle..

I don't know, I haven't used a protein shake or MRP in a year and a half and I manage to choke down over 400 grams of protein per day. Sure, the tuna is gross, but if you don't chew very well and just swallow it with a bunch of water you don't notice that much.

Convenience, taste and price. That's why I use MRP's. A prime example is today at work, I forgot to bring an MRP and my Lean Body Bar. A decent lunch for me cost about 5 or 6 bux to get 40 grams of lean protein. Today, I spent 11 dollars to buy a a)bk broiler b)two chicken breasts at a deli, with sides of veggies and german potato salad c) two single serving packs of low fat cottage cheese with fruit. Total protein from those 3 meals was roughly 100 grams. From my usual plan, its about 120, and it cost me almost half, is way more convenient, and easier to count my calories.

people here are talking about choking down food and calories...

you can walk around with a shake and drink it... very convenient... have you ever tried eating a steak while walking around...

MRPs are just very convenient on the go...

And don't forget, with MRP's you usually get a full load of complete Amino's. Powders are especially necessary for us early AM workout types.

------------------
-Work to live
-Fish to live

Top Bottom