Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Know any good sites that explain the big 3?

Garza

Today on the training board I noticed how people were talking about the powerlifting bench press vs the bodybuilding. I never knew there was a difference. Are there any websites that show the difference between the two?

you might try deepsquatter.com, usually some good stuff there.

------------------
31494786.jpg

We cover the World's STRONGEST Sports!
PowerMag™ Magazine

Try;

elitefitnesssystems.com they are linked to deepsquatter. Lots of great info!

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Hannibal....what are your maxes for the big three? I bench about 155, squat 235, deadlift 280, my numbers are low but I've only been serious about powerlifting since the beginning of the year, I am 16. And I've only been deadlifting and benching since the beginning of the year. Before I did about 4 compounds exercises per body part and shit like that. HOw long have you been in pl?

------------------
imarhino.jpg

SQ 615, B 420, DL 585 @198

Been pwrlifting for about a year. I have a LOOOONG way to go.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

Hannibal, maybe you could offer some insight on to my problem with powerlifting. All my big 3 have gone up in the last year except for bench. I gave up on the flat bench completely. At 5 foot 8, 176 at 9%bf, my lifts are: Deadlift 365 for a single (done yesterday), Squat 305 with butt to calves for 2 reps, and a pathetic bench of 225 for one rep struggling. I don't use a belt for any of my lifts, and to be quite honest, I don't really have a powerlifters routine, more of a typical higher rep bodybuilders workout. But it drives me crazy to see guys at my gym weighing 20 lbs LESS than me benching 40 lbs MORE than me. I don't want to turn into one of these really fat powerlifters just to get a bigger bench, but some power techniques would be nice. My back development far exceeds my chest development. It's almost aggravating.

Go to www.elitefitnesssystems.com

Check the articles section and read the article on How to bench 600 easy. Then go to the ask Dave section and click on Westside Powerlifting then click on Bench and it will show all the questions that have been asked about bench. If you want a powerlifters routing go to articles and read periodizartion bible...part 1+2. If you have any questions feel free to email me or post it here. Good luck.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

Thanks Hannibal, I really appreciate it. I'm going to try a periodization program for chest with emphasis on power only. I'll get into higher rep phase in the future. For now, I need some strength.

Top Bottom