Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Ketogenic Diet and Saturated Fats?

JB3

I have a question for those of you who've tried a keto diet... did you concern yourself with saturated fats? Did you try to keep them to a minimum? Or was the 70% of total cals from fat impracticle to attain w/o a lot of sat fat?

I mean, it's hard to eat a ton of meat and still keep sat fat low.

If you're eating chicken, tuna and egg whites, the fat's not a big problem. I think (not that you'd do this) is that a lot of people see the ketogenic diet as a chance to go wild on bacon, salami, etc. True, you'll be ingesting a sizeable portion of fats-but healthy , nonstaurated fats--olive oil, flax, nuts, peanuts, etc.

------------------
It's not funny, like on TV, and it's not smart, like it is in books.

i have never been on a ketogenic diet,but u should look at the studies ive heard that even if u consume a high amount of saturated fats it may not raise your cholostrol level,it may lower it. But its deceiving to automatically think that if you have eat alot of saturated fat during a ketogenic diet that u will be in health trouble, one way is to get cholostrol checked before and after the diet,assuming u do the diet right.

yes, you should always care about the saturated fats you are eating. They are not good for your body as a whole. They put strain on your circulatory system and heart. Stick to unsaturated fats. there are plenty of healthy fats out there, avoid ALL trans fats, and keep saturated fats VERY low.

Top Bottom