Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LIVER ENZYME LEVELS

L

LCBUTLER

Thought I would post this here as well.

I recently had a liver function test and my AST level was 52, and my ALT was a 56. These levels are what they call "sightly elevated" Does anyone know if this is cause for alarm, or how to get them down? I have been off for 6 weeks, take milk thistle, and cranberry extract ED while ON and OFF.

A few things about elevated LFTs as they relate to hard training athletes(specifically strength training):
While AST and ALT can be indicative of some liver damage,they can become elevated with moderate to strenuous weight lifting...particularly if you are really putting on mass,with a lot of microtears to the muscle.One chemical that is strictly liver-specific is GGT.If your GGT is elevated,then you know you have liver problems.In my experience,AST and ALT levels far in excess of 200 are needed to really get your doctor's attention.Fortunately,most elevations in liver enzymes are transient,and lower after the cycle.Some things you can do to safeguard your liver...
1.Avoid alcohol,especially if you are taking the 17- alpha alkyloids.Alcohol potentiates any liver damage that may be going on.
2.Avoid large doses of tylenol-it is a known toxin to the liver in large doses(more than 1000mg every 4 hours)
3.Take vitamin B-6..about 100 mg twice a day.It has a protectant effect against some of the harmfull effects of some hepatotoxic drugs(plus it helps transport protein into the muscle cell-a bonus)
hope this helps.:angel:

Top Bottom