Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

for all you martial artists,boxers,nhb'ers,kickboxers etc.

I train all body parts as I am also a bodybuilder. Best weights excercises are presses (various types), torso twist and punching with light dumbells. As well as the usual bag/pad work.

The same exercises as one would use for bodybuilding. Muscle is muscle. Strength is strength. Train after you lift. This is what will improve your punch.

B True

the true "power" from your punch comes from good technique, putting your body weight into it, etc. I think hitting the heavy bag will do more for your punch than any weight exercises. the speed of your punch affects power as well, so hit the speed bag,etc,too

Lifting is still a big part. but something that really makes you strong for combative sports are movements that make you use the muscles in a way that you would while fighting. Look into Animal Gymnastics. A.K.A., Animal Drills. Any practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu can tell you about the agony of animal drills. It is so grueling. And it will make you so strong. Hell, body builder make HORRIBLE grapplers. The ability to use the strength in a functional, grappling or striking manner is not in the muscle. Look into this. It will be one of the best things that you can do for your training.

------------------
Open Mind, Closed Fist

Do all of your training with weighted gloves. Professional boxers go all the way up to 50lb gloves for short amounts of time. Also, the post about technique is true. More power comes from better form.

Power comes from the torso and legs. Do exercises such as squats,deadlifts,rows, anything for legs and back. Heavy bag(going all out, putting power into every punch as opposed to haphazardly, will greatly improve power, and also technique is very important. Weighted gloves really do nothing for power.

I am a lifter and involved with karate. The best way to develop your puch is to simply keep puch. Yes strength training works, but you really want to do at least 200 puchs at a time every day. Puch the heavy bag, some canvas, break some boards. Puch as many times as you can as quick as you can.

Top Bottom