Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How close are they to a cure for AIDS?

GreekMonsta

Just curious to how far medicine has come...
thanks

GM

------------------
Greek.gif

I haven't heard about a cure for aids, but I have heard from a friend in California that got access to literature about a drug that would be taken once a year as apposed to all the meds they have to take all year long.

It's got a way to go, plus it has to pass through the courts test approval, but it is happening.

------------------
Two 45 plates and a chicken is the breakfast sandwich of champions!!
skinny.gif

Rock On!

There may not be a cure for aids,but people are living with it now,like a chronic illness(much like MS or lupus).I've been in health care since the first patient was diagnosed with AIDS,and i am amazed at how long people are living now-and really living.The drugs are getting better,not as harsh on the bod as before,and people are educating themselves on methods to boost their immune system.I know several guys who have been positive for 10 years,with very few real flareups.They take excellent care of themselves,eat right,work out,are compliant with their meds,and take a lot of supplements.They also are fairly monogamous,so as not to introduce different strains of HIV or opportunistice diseases into their bods.It can be done.Anabolic steroids are a big help as well,and I'm glad the docs are finally beginning to see the benefit and get away from a lot of the hype.
;)

i can't tell you if there's going to be a cure, the beleif now is that with the combination of new meds out that it will be a livable disease. I work on an aides floor an five years ago there wasn't a night that went by that someone didn't pass. now days we lose about four to five a year. it still sucks that people are dying but at least the numbers are down significantly

Hate to sound cynical here, but what reason does anyone (any company) have for finding a cure for AIDS when there are billions to be made in producing the drugs which make the disease more livable? Can anyone here give me the name of an epidemic disease that has been "cured" in the past 20 years? There aren't any. In fact, the old ones are re-emerging (like tuberculosis and polio) because the companies can supply medicines to make the disease "livable". If you're cured-there's no need for buying the drug.Thatwould seriously cut into the revenues of the drug-producing companies.

Providain~ Man I never even thought of it that way. I guess it was like the movie Mission Impossible 2. What a thought " lets make everyone suffer, so we can get rich" What a fuckin great world we live in!

Providian said:
Hate to sound cynical here, but what reason does anyone (any company) have for finding a cure for AIDS when there are billions to be made in producing the drugs which make the disease more livable? Can anyone here give me the name of an epidemic disease that has been "cured" in the past 20 years? There aren't any. In fact, the old ones are re-emerging (like tuberculosis and polio) because the companies can supply medicines to make the disease "livable". If you're cured-there's no need for buying the drug.Thatwould seriously cut into the revenues of the drug-producing companies.

Unortunatly you are 100% correct. It's all about the money. There is a cure for Aids, but no one is going to do anything to let others know about it. They are making so much money on the medication it's not even funny. Sick and twisted world we live in, money is thicker then blood.

there have been a couple people in the last ten years who have come out and claimed they found a cure, or near-cure for AIDS-and then nothing.You never heard from the person again or their supposed cure.One was a scientist from France who claimed to have found a correlation between the disease and oxygenation of the blood and something else. In Switzerland every year they hold a global conference that for the first 8 years of its existence concentrated on devising a cure for the disease. For the last 5 years its concentrated only on inventing new and more advanced medicines for living with the drug. They either know that a "cure" for what they're trying to eradicate is not possible-see the "AIDS controversy"- or they've just decided that there's more $$$$ and job security in treating the symptons. Either way, it's a pretty heinous situation.But the situation is no different than thhose suffering with cancer(s) or TB. No cures. only treatments. And the 1 billion plus dollars donated to the Jerry LEWIS MS cause- no cure in sight. That money goes to paying the administrative costs of the organizations that have sprung up to put on the telethon and run the MS "treatment" centers.You kinda get the feeling that -since wars aren't bringing in enough revenue- that somebody doesn't want to come up with a way to eradicate these money-making diseases.

Conspiracy theories aside, there has never been a cure for any virus, period, nor is aids likely to be any different. What has happened in the past and is likely to happen in the future is that a vaccine will be developed which will prevent the spread of the disease. In the meantime, drugs will continue to be researched to treat the symptoms of the disease and to improve the quality of life.

Top Bottom