Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whatman... .20 or .45 ?

Whatman - .20 or .45

Votes: 52 43.7%

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • other - Please be specific

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

anal itch

What are you guys using? I've used both and hate how much longer it takes with the .20 Is it really necessary to use the finer filter?

I agree with this and have heard the same thing. BUT I would like to know what home brewers are actually using.

As a side note, every Fina kit I've seen comes with a .45 Whatman. Never a .20

I just got done making 100ml home brew EQ at 500mg/ml and started with a .20 Whatman. It took over an hour to filter 30ml then I finally gave up and switched to a .45. I finished the rest of the batch in 20 minutes. Isn't the BA supposed to be your sterilization mechanism?

Yes I also made 120 mg eq and started with a 20 and after my arms were on fire i switched to a 45 I think the ba will sterlize anything Anyhow

This is true. I went into the custom compounding pharmacy by my house and straight out asked the guy there if he could help me with the info on how to measure/mix three different powders together. He did help me and did all his calculations for me. He asked me how I was making my stuff, and I told him. The first thing he said was "what size filter you using?" I said a 45. He said I really need to use the 20, as thats what they use in the pharmacy. Do I use a 20? No, I use a 45. I made so much stuff already, which several people are testing out, and no one got any abcess, infection or anything else, and the juice comes out crystal.

moose11 said:
what about the pump gun filters.....im thinking of getting one

I've seen those. It looks like you can do large batches at once. I'm curious how well it works with the thicker oils though, and the housing is not reusable. I think they run $12-$15 for the filter.

The pump portion is the same exact part we use to bleed the brakes on my race bikes. It's called a Mighty Vac in the motorcycle scene. Kinda funny

Top Bottom