Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIV AND THE OUTSIDE

duck44

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG THE VIRUS CAN SURVIVE OUTSIDE THE BODY, I CAN'T REMEMBER THE EXACT TIME FRAME. THERE IS A POST ON THE ANABOLICS BB ABOUT SOME TURD HEAD PLACING HIV INFECTED NEEDLES UNDER THE HANDLES OF GAS PUMP'S AND WHEN PEOPLE FILL UP THEY ARE GETTING STUCK. THEY SAY SOME HAVE ALREADY TURNED UP POSITIVE! I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE(THAT QUICK).SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

------------------
wannabBIG you gotta think big(it could happen);)

From what I understand HIV, is a very fragil virus outside the body. Once it contacts air, I think that it can only survive a matter of minutes if not seconds, but needle sticks do occur and usually that happens right after blood was drawn from an infected person.

I UNDERSTAND THEY HAPPEN, HAPPENED TO ME TWICE. YOU HAVE LIKE LESS THAN 1% CHANCE OF GETTING HIV FROM A NEEDLE STICK. THEY ARE SAYING THAT THESE ARE LIKE 6 OR 8 OUT OF 12 PEOPLE ALREADY POSITIVE, NOT SO AND THIS WAS E-MAILED TO THIS GUY BY THE POLICE OUT OF THE BLUE!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK

------------------
wannabBIG you gotta think big(it could happen);)

HIV is contracted two ways, dirty needles, and sex. Not outside the body, not on toilet seats, not sharing utensils with a positive person, not kissing, sweat, hugging...SEX or needles shared by a infected person.

[This message has been edited by millgirl (edited July 15, 2000).]

Top Bottom