Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto Day 5 still negative I'm quitting

Enock

Still negative for ketones on day 5, can't find much reason to continue w/ this diet if I don't produce the ketones. I might as well eat some carbs and have better workouts again.

There are usually 5 things that can be a problem w/ ketosix strips>>>
1) if you drink a lot of water the ketones are "watered down" and do not show up
2) if you drink diet soda, or anything diet, i.e. w/ asparatemene or any other FAKE sugars , ketones wont show up on the strip but you will be in ketosis
3) you ate more carbs at one time the allowed and where thrown out of ketosis
4) usually ketones do not show up early in the morning
5) you may need new strips, maybe these once are EXP or just crappy made, you might have a useless bottle, try buying a new one and test
My 2cents
Mr.X

I AGREE WITH X COULD BE THE STRIPS OR YOUR CHEATIN I DON'T KNOW BUT ITS ONE OF THOSE. KETONIC DIETS ARE THE BEST JUST KEEP WITH IT THEY WORK AWSOME BELEIVE ME

It don't take but a littlt bit of cheating to knock you out of Ketosis. Also some foods label say that they have no carbs, but thats a per serving est. Pure sugar don't have many carbs when you measure it 1/2 tsp. at a time. In other words if it has .9 gr. of carbs per drop, the label says "0", and you eat the fool out of the stuff, you just sucked up a bunch of carbs. Hence, no ketons today. Watch the serving size.

Ketosis is absolutely not neccesary to lose fat...just forget the ketostix and keep going...if after 2-3 weeks you see nothing then scrap it...but come on...5 days!! How do you expect to lose anything...

There are other "tests" to see if you're in ketosis. For instance, does your breath smell like fish? Or does your urine stink? Those are some good tip offs.

Ok first day I ate eggs (box says less than a carb but counted em as a full carb has about 6, ate ground beef, tunafish and ham (cooked water added). That day I didn't pay much attention to fat intake did eat some flax but I'm sure I didn't nearly get enough fat. bike for 500 cals, ran for 100 (according to damn machines, actually I always run to 110 and count it as 100 since I'm tall and feel its easier for me and I round down my weight)

day 2 I ate 13 eggs total and spam. Spam reports 0 carbs could be wrong mabe not. counted 13 eggs as 13 carbs. did normal works outs also did 100 cal run 400 cal bike.
This day I maid sure the fat was 70%my intake

day 3 ate nothing but Mayo and Tunafish. near end of day realized I needed to eat 6 tablespoons of mayo (yuck by itself but I did it) to break even at 70% fat intake, wondering tho since it wasn't a 70% ratio all day through more like 60% then upped to 70% at end, After eating the 6 table spoons I ran 3 mi. I had run 1 mi earlier in the day. and also did ab work earlier.

day 4. Same as day 3 except I added more mayo with each tunafish serving to keep a constant 70% fat.

Day 5. Was really just morning I woke up testet negative went to gym had a lousy leg workout, went home tested again. Got fed up w/ having no ketones and lousy workouts, figured why suffer the crap shoot of energy w/o the ketosis. didn't really eat much carbs (some meat but with pasta sauce), until later that night when I had bran flakes AND PASTA)

So here I am around day 7 been off of keto since day 5, I really don't eat many carbs In general I have found that I get tired if I eat too many. I think I like eating High protein lowfat foods (basically because I like lowfat meat better and you get to eat more for the same calories, I've notice my hunger is back and with a vengence. Not that I mind, too much it mabe makes me consume 200 extra calories a day, hopefully the extra energy that I have being off the ketosis will help me burn that same 200 extra cals, I deal w/ the hunger by getting engrossed in games or these forums.

I would really like keto, I don't really mind eating Tunafish and mayo all day, I'm kinda addicted to it. Still porbably going to eat it even off keto, though need to be carefull about how fast mayo packs on cals.

I do have flavored water with aspartame but I refrained from drinking any during the 5 days I figured I'd have it during carb up again I drank over a gallon of regular water everyday.

I might try this again but I still live at home, and as many of us younger ones know its very hard explaining this diet to your parents, every meal they were like why didn't you drink your milk. I made chicken rice today, mom I can't have carbs oh ok I'll make chili uhh mom carbs, ok I'll leave the meat out for you, only to see its smothered in tomato sauce so, I need to forage for my own food. Eventually my mom understood, my dad still didn't even know I ate no carbs. The only things I really noticed from the keto diet were 1. loss of appetite, oh I still wanted to eat, I didn't have to remind myself of that, I loved the taste of the food and in my mind thats the only reason I wanted to eat. but I wasn't in myself hungary, no hunger pains, no constant mind wanderings to thoughts of food ect.. Just anytime I found myself watching tv I would think hmm can I have another Tuna/mayo combo. That'd be nice to eat and watch tv.

So for now I'll just keep my carbs low and eat them as they come, I.e. if chili is for supper chili is for supper, but I'll be skipping the potatoes and anything else I can get by avoiding.

Even before I started the keto diet, I've gone days eating only ham and tuna and whey protien (my protein powder if freaking like candy, 3 carbs 110cal 23protein, and holy shit its good, I eat the stuff dry with a spoon.

thnx for your help guys. Is it possible because I tend to keep my carbs low that I may in fact touch in and out of ketosis once in a while? Say after a good long run. on one of those days where I seem to just eat protein powder ham and tuna?

Sounds like a plan. You gotta do whats right for you. Just cause I enjoy and have success with the keto diet don't mean you will. Good luck in the future, by the way I don't think that 70% fat is necessary in fact I think it's way overkill. I would only do 70% fat if I were trying to shock my body to overcome some sort of plateau. And then only for two days or so.

Top Bottom