Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If Im cutting , can I cut down on dairy if im a teenager?

blood_drinker

I take it that calcium is very important.
I know i can get calcium from broccoli etc, but it can be a bitch (very inconvenient).

The lactose seems to be a problem.
But for example, if I were to take milk, i would take no carbs. eg, glass of milk, + chicken breast. I consider the milk to be a carb (lactose, it~s a sugar)

Will this approach hinder my gains significantly:
My mom is very concerned with the fact that i have cut out dairy. Please help. My approach seems good, i just need some reassurance.
Peace, blood

As always I am confused by your posts. If you're trying to lose fat (well that's my understanding at this stage) then ditch the milk. It will be very difficult for you to undertake a serious cutting diet while living at home with unsupportive parents. But if 'home' is the only place you can be for now, then reassure your parents that foods such as whey protein, cottage cheese, and many nuts, veggies and legumes are also high in calcium. Maybe you could also ask your mom if she remembers when she weaned you OFF HER BREAST MILK, in other words that point in your life where you could flourish quite well on normal food that is not derived from the breast excretion of a mammmal!

They are not unsupportive at all, just that they are new to this.

Cottage cheese where I live (Paris) is impossible to find its low fat form, we only got full fat. (But wouldnt this have lactose too?!)

Could you list out some veggies that contain calcium other than brocoli?

Whey I dont use...not yet...im trying to find a pot thats below $200! I cannot buy it in stores.,...the prices are that outraegeaous and if i import, taxes are like 50% of the actual product , plus international shipping. Way out of my budget, so im using whole foods.

Suggestions?

I believe that most of the lactose is removed in the manufacturing of cotage cheese.

[This message has been edited by Big Worm (edited April 09, 2001).]

I think you and your mom should both take a calcium supplement and stop obsessing over what you do and don't eat. There is very little lactose left in cottage cheese. And even full fat cottage cheese is not that high in fat as I recall....something like 4g per 100.

Hmmmm no whey in Paris? That's funny! I wonder what they do with all the whey that's leftover from making the cottage cheese???

no whey below a whole week´s worth of cheap food! I swear to god...its really out of my budget. Like example xenadrine the 80 capsule bottle sells for 450FF which is 64us$.
Imagine a 5lbs jug of whey! YEAH RIGHT

Wow that sucks. Can you get any other proteins cheaper? Like soy, egg and stuff? Maybe fish/tuna?

Antacid tablets are a good source of calcium. Now I don't do this, but the bottle says its okay to take them daily as a calcium supplement. I only use them when my stomach is feeling kinda wheezy, as calcium neutralizes all the crap when you get sick. I have a mega size bottle of Mylanta Calci-Tabs. There's also Tums, Rolaids, etc.

~dE

Top Bottom