Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

boxsquatters

al bundy

I was wondering how much progress you guys have gotten in 3 months. I just started doing them 2 weeks ago and I realized how much my glutes and hams are behind. they have never been that sore before. just curious of results.

Hi. I don't do box squats because of the added pressure it puts on my spine. Since I've had some lower back problems before, I'm always careful about it. BUT, squats in general will give you incredible gains. My squat max in the last 3 months has gone up over 50lbs (I'm female).
Calico

I have been boxsquating since March and I got 405 for a single, competition depth, last squat work-out. So that is 295 to 405 in 2 months. I follow a modified West-Side Program.
RacerX

boxsquats

I truly never made good gains till I started boxsquating, I cant do half squats no for some. I need to go that deep then back up.

How low of a box are you guys using?

Thanks

B True

All of my dynamic training is done on a 1" below parallel bow (14.5"). Usually on the last two sets I'll take one of the mats off so it's 2" below parallel.

Now for max effort day I've gone as low as a 10" box. Which at 6'3" is way down there. Have to move my feet in just to get down that far.

yeah...I am 6'2", and do squat to rock bottom position...but couldn't imagine getting down to 8".

B True

I went from a i rep max squat of 485 to 600 in one summer!!!! This was back when I was 19 and of course I was natural.

:bawling: I lowered my box sqaut to just below the knees and I cannot go 5 reps a 225 w/o having pulling pain in my left knee - and I have to stop -

With a box at just parallel, I can go heavier with no pain - but I liked the feel of the deeper squat - any help in being able to go low??

Top Bottom