Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MARTIAL ARTISTS!!! Some questions.

Just wondering who trains in martial arts on ELITE and what the discipline is?
How long have you trained?
What does your training consist of?
What are your favorite techniques?
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
What pro's do you admire?
Feel free to add more info.
I hope you guys will respond and share your martial arts backgrounds with me and the rest of us.

------------------
"There is no shame in losing...Only winning without honor."

- Kwai-Chang Caine
isfa.gif

I took Tae Kwon Do (ATA) when I was a kid, then I went back into it ten yrs. ago when it was USTA and it sucked! It was nothing more than arobic kickboxing and lost it's dicipline. Right before I took USTA; I was taking Akido for about six months and really enjoyed it. I would like to go back into Akido someday but only with the right school. A lot of schools do not teach in true Akido tradition you have a lot of schools teaching sort of like Aki Jujitsu.

Well I guess I'll start.

Past training:Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu,and Kuk Sool Won

Current discipline: Shootfighting/Pancrase aka Pankration and Muay Thai

Years trained: Negligible stints with Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and Kuk Sool Won. 1 year in Shootfighting and Muay Thai

My training consists of kicks, punches, open hand slaps and strikes, elbow strikes, head butts, knee strikes, slams, suplexes, takedowns, grappling, submissions, etc.

My favorite techniques are triangle chokes, armbars, keylocks, guilotine chokes, sleeper chokes, rear-naked chokes, heel hooks, achilles locks, ankle locks, low thai kicks, elbow strikes, left hooks, right crosses, and front thrust kicks.

My strengths are in thai kicks, key locks, and triangle chokes.

My weaknesses are speed and getting top position against other grapplers.

I admire Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Bart Vale, Sakaraba, the Gracies, and many more.

What about you guys?

------------------
"There is no shame in losing...Only winning without honor."

- Kwai-Chang Caine
isfa.gif

not usre if i should reply to this since i aint been doing it long....white crane kung fu for 5 months, and im waiting for the next grading. ive only learnt 1 form, my strengths are punching as i had done lots of bag work previously so had practised, my weak points are my flexibilty as its piss poor. oh yeah and not actually having formally sparred yet :bawling: (have to wain till grading)

Art: Tang Soo Do
Style: Moo Duk Kwan
Years Trained: 15
Current Rank: 3rd Degree Black Belt w/ Black Sam Dan Patch (signifies I am one year from testing for Master)

Our training consists of the kicking and sparring techniques found in Tae Kwon Do, but also focuses much more on punching, in-fighting (hap ki do - joint locks, basic ground-fighting), and unlike Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do is a far more disciplined and ancient art (no cardio-kickboxing).

I don't know of any pro's that practiced Tang Soo Do except for Chuck Norris. I admire my Grandmaster the most, Kwan Jang Nim Chang Tong In.

Art: Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do
Years: 8
Current Training: JKD, Wing Chun, Kali Stick Fighting, Boxing, K boxing

Training: Sparring is invaluable, using a wooden dummy is also very good. Repetition, punches, kicks, locks, holds, grappling, isometric training, physical conditioning ...... running, skipping, heavy bag work, speed ball - floor to ceiling & ceiling

Conditioning of hands, gravel pads etc.

must create a solid foundation, learn footwork, then your lead jab.... its your primary weapon, next cross, then hook, then uppercuts ..... imagine a cross on the body, then place an X over the join, these are your 9 lines of entry, ..... work on the centerline theory, b cautious with this, dont limit yourself to it.
Work kicks, primary ...... side kick, front kick, shin kick, stomp, thai kick.... rear kick .......
next work others, rear kick, donkey kick,

try diffrent arts, sparr with people who do diffrent arts, this is my favorite training, full contact sparring, u will learn alot ..... i feel this is THE most effective training to prepare you for a REAL situation. I am currently graded Phase 3, black. I enter UFC's in the uk. etc, contact me if u want any more info ... training methods, help with moves etc, ..... i especially focus my BB around my art. ...... i consider myself a martial scientist rather than artist. Scientific street fighting.

lop sau, pak sau

Top Bottom