Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training to FAILURE!!!

suriadventures

Hi everyone, I was wondering what would actually happen if I took each set to absolute failure by absolute I mean demolishing the muscle fibres completely!

Now don't hit me with the overtraining thing because I'll be giving each muscle a weeks rest with proper nutrition & sleep.
This done for a period of like 6-8 weeks, what sort of results I'll get !?

Thanks 😊

To put it simply, you would get great results.

The reason for the lack of quality physiques now a days is no one trains hard anymore. They want to do pumping sets on Hammer Strength equipment, eat pop tarts and take lots of drugs. No one squats and deadlifts until they are lying on the floor seeing stars anymore.

HARD training, truly hard training is what sculpts and builds the physique. Look at two of the greatest physiques of all time - Dorian Yates and Ronnie Coleman. Both were known for being absolutely crazy in the gym.

^^ As was said, look at Dorian and Mike Mentzer etc.
What you are talking out is the very foundation of HIT, nothing new man.

nothing wrong with it at all. I implement a 3 day split myself. I kill it hard each workout and allow the muscles to heal up in between my split days.

you need to push hard in the gym to get results. however you also should have de-load days in there too where you go hard but you do half as much weight. remember our bodies are made of flesh, tendons and ligaments.... we aren't robots made of hardened steel where we can pound away non stop

also as you get older you need to get smarter with your workouts. big difference between being 25 or 45 believe me. I used to wonder when I was younger why pro athletes retired in their 30's, now I know why.

Your body doesnt not want to hold on to muscle tissue, but it will adapt to the intensity of your training. You need to turn your body into a resevoir of stress, what you put in is what you get out. If you dont absolutely demolish your chest then it doesnt need to be that big. I personally train passed failure with drop sets, i might be overdoing it but it works for me. Muscles arent made in the kitchen, they are made in the gym, if the nutrition is there you're optimizing you're recovery.

All good points

I've gotten great results from adding forced reps, and negatives after a gruelling set when I have a bro with me. The burn and pump is just unbelievable.

I also love to finish my workouts with a 50 rep set for whichever muscle I'm training... Unless I'm doing a power week, or a deload week, I will always train a muscle to failure at least a few times during the workout. Time under tension and blood oxidization play a major role in both growth and strength improvement. I can't stand sitting around between sets and loosing the flow. Push past your bodies limits every session. 💯💯

No such thing. What's complete failure? Not being able to do another rep in the set. How about 5 seconds later? Can you do one more rep? Failure is a subjective term.

Having said that, most people under train instead of over train.Then again, there are many factors -- age, years traaining, etc, etc, etc.

What if I go to the gym today and for eg hit back with like 4-5 exercises with 20-25 sets In total going past failure like doing 25-30 reps on each set. These can be forced reps, assisted reps, drop sets, rest pause etc anything that will kill the muscle completely.

I ask this because the other day I was training legs and did 10 sets of leg extension curls to failure & the gym trainer standing next to was shocked like WTF is this guy doing ?

Later when I was resting between sets he talked me though like this is bad for you, you'll get diminishing returns with this type of training your Muscle will rather shrink with this approach etc etc.

So help me out here

nothing wrong with it at all. I implement a 3 day split myself. I kill it hard each workout and allow the muscles to heal up in between my split days.

you need to push hard in the gym to get results. however you also should have de-load days in there too where you go hard but you do half as much weight. remember our bodies are made of flesh, tendons and ligaments.... we aren't robots made of hardened steel where we can pound away non stop

also as you get older you need to get smarter with your workouts. big difference between being 25 or 45 believe me. I used to wonder when I was younger why pro athletes retired in their 30's, now I know why.

I know about the age factor but I'm still young being just 22. I'm worried because I don't want to face problems when I hit the 30 mark and so on.

Top Bottom