Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tendon, Repair & Strengthening

humperdink

I just had surgery on my shoulder to repair a tendon.

I want know if AAS helps repair or strengthen tendons?

What kind is the best AAS for tendons?

And if anybody has had a tendon repaired how long before I can start lifting again?

my ortho told me that steroids can actually weaken tendons.

can you tell me a little about your surgery? how long ago did you injure your shoulder? what was the exact nature of the injury? what other types of treatment did you try before surgery? i am considering shoulder surgery in the near future and would appreciate hearing about your experience with it.

whatever you decide to do regarding steroid use, good luck with the rehab!

there are not many receptors for AAS in tendons/ligaments...AAS will exascerbate the problem due to muscle volume increase...Deca can have a positive "mild effect" for repair, however dosages should remain very low, ie: 150mgs per week...GH will help repair, to what extent i dont know, but i have used it for repair anyway... i have done this with a blown Achillies tendon, i ran GH @ 2ius ED @ 5 days a week and Deca @ 150mgs /Wk....i was out of my cast in 6 weeks...anyone that knows of this injury will tell you, you'll be out 1 year...it took awhile for complete healing, but i could walk...

The problems with my tendon stated Nov. of last year. I think I hurt my shoulder at work opening a 24-inch valve, ever since then I had pain from the top of my shoulder down past my elbow. I didn’t start seeing my Dr. until Feb. because of my traveling to South America. The first thing the Dr. did was prescribing Nabumetone 75mg for inflammation and sent me for an MRI. The MRI only showed that the tendon was inflamed, nothing else. The Dr. kept me on the Nabumeton for month and I did ice packs almost every day, then he sent me to get a nerve test to see if my never was being pinched, and that should nothing, he also sent me for physical therapy. The physical therapy, medication and ice packs didn’t do much for the pain. Next thing the Dr. did was give me a corrosion shot, within about 3 weeks I started feeling about 50% of the pain had gone away.

So with some of the pain gone I started lifting again, I would take Suma about an hour before lifting. Overhead lifting was the worst, the pain would not go away, and I did this until about 3 weeks ago. I finely went to see my Dr. to go to the next step surgery. The Dr. said he would go in to see if there was any damage that the MRI didn’t show and clear up any presser that might be on the nerve… Guess what? The Dr. found that tendon had a tier at the top of my shoulder.

The surgery was yesterday and today I’m typing with one hand. My arm is in a sling and I go back to see my Dr. Monday for post op, he’s going to be showing me the pictures of the tare.

my achillies was a huge rupture, not a full detachment...you could take two fingers and find a hole thru to the shin bone...i had major surgery, i was screwed for work for about 3 months, i healed myself thru what i described to you...im not recommending my protocol to you, just telling you what i did....my injury was a result of a softball game- go figure. massage, heat/cold compresses are a must...this will keep the shoulder muscles from developing facia tissue surrounding it- which will cause atrophy...you dont want this...keep circulation going to the injured area, when you can get rid of that sling.

var is supposed to strengthen your tendons i believe.

Top Bottom