Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

some of the stupidest things i see at my gym

freakazoid

this really burns me up,i am there doing curls with the ez bar with propper form,no swinging at all.anyway i look beside me and this runt half the size of me has about 20 more pounds on the bar than i do, but he is swinging the bar and bending his knees so that he can get under the weight.whell thats fine but on his last rep he throws down the bar and looks at me and growls like he had done something.it was all i could do to keep cool.i just kept trying to think how funny he would have looked to someone watching him.

At my gym I call it the "cheese dick back extension"

I call that 'special needs weightlifting'.

Stupid litte fuckers. Used to see that all the time when I was lifting for ball... couldn't stand to use the public area at my University gym, so I went to the 'dungeon' below one of the pools where the equipment/free weights were old and beat up, but you could lift without the fruitcup-factor.

-M

well.....i salute you, i would of had to walk up to him and get in his face and tell him that if i was swinging the weights around like an idiot i could lift twice him and does he want to see me do it.......then either show him or if he declined.....ask him to do it without cheating and see how well he did......i've had to do this numerous times.......they actually get really humble if you ask them 2 do that weight in strict form.....because they usually can't squeeze out 1-2 reps.......

how about when you've done all you your heavy free weight exercises and you're on the last set or two of an exercise that you are going light on because you are doing 7 second negative portion, 7 second positive portion really slow concentrated reps and some average joe close by is doing about 10-20 lbs more than you and grinning like an idiot......

sometimes i just have to grin back, go back down to biggest dumbells on the end and squeeze out a set in strict form then stand up laugh (while i'm looking @ him ) shake my head.....and go back to my slow concentrated set...... :)

I love the one where the guys load up the lat-pull down machine and use their whole body wieght for each rep . They look like like they are having some kind of siezure

it bothers me to see people on leg press or hack squat machines locking their legs all the way back. some get on there with 9-10-15 plates and between reps will do that. id hate to see them break their kneecaps or something. :shrug:

Then there`s the T-Bar bent over row. Guy has the thing filled with 45`s, hoists it up using all lower back strength then drops torso down super fast to complete rep. I`m like....aahhh....that must be the Weider stupidity instinct training principal ............

Cheater squat are great. I can really only do 225 all the way down for 8-10. There's this guy always comes after me, put 4 45's on each side and bends his knees, I swear, like 10 degrees. Gruntin' like a mo' fo' too, always gives me this proud look. It doesn't bug me though, as although I'm not scary big, the scary bigs are introducing themselves to me and telling me to keep up the hard work. And they point and laugh behind his back at him. But he always gives me this "I own you" look after his "set" :)

I bet you guys are all small and weak. Good form is important but super slow reps don't do shit for building muscle. I know because I tried this method for a very long time. Think about it. The muscles you are trying to build up are fast twitch. They are designed to contract explosively. Try looking up Dr. Squat or Westside powerlifting club.

Top Bottom