Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sarms S4 & Training for my 5th MMA fight

lefthook411

I'm officially 4 weeks out from my 5th MMA fight today, so I decided to begin a 4 week s4 cycle similar to the ones I've done in the past.

Anyways, I will be making my first cut to bantamweight (135 lbs), and this will be the most I've ever cut. This is why I decided to take only s4 instead of stacking anything else with it; I also figured I'd stick to the same product I'd purchased from 'sarmsearch' since I've had results with it in the past.

Dosage: 25 mg twice a day, before each workout, Monday-Friday. 25 mg once on Sat before my evening workout

Bodyweight & goal: Currently 153 lbs. at about 10-12% bodyfat, need to be walking around 142-145 lbs 7 days before weigh ins.

4 Week Training Camp - Strength and conditioning will be in the mornings on Monday-Friday, team training in the afternoon/evenings. I will go into more detail with what my workouts and gains consist of throughout the camp.

Had two good workout yesterday; the first one was a circuit around 8 in the morning that consisted of 3 rounds of the following:

Round 1
-Sprint x 25 sec (10.5 mph @ 3% incline)
-Recline Rows x 12 (feet propped up on box; bodyweight)
-Kettlebell Swings x 15 (32 kg)
-Ball slams x 20 (16 lb)
Repeat 3 times back to back, then 1 min rest

Round 2
-Sprint x 25 sec (9 mph @ 10% incline)
-Dips x 15 (bodyweight)
-Step ups x 12 (6 per leg - w/ 25 lb vest)
-Sledgehammer slams x 20
Repeat 3 times, then rest 1 min

Round 3
-Spring x 25 sec (dynamic mode - basically like pushing a sled..this shit sucks!)
-Battle rope jumping jacks x 15
-Double leg shots x 10 (with resistance harness)
-Turkish getups x 10 (5 per arm)
Repeat 3 times back to back and done!

The third round was def the hardest, my HR got up to about 174 bpm but was back in the 120's in just under a minute. It's hard to get my HR that high since my resting HR is around 46. Either way I felt great in every round, and was I was able to push myself every second of each round. Evening training was BJJ around 5, just drilled some transitions and grappled 5 x 5 minute rounds with enough rest to get a new partner in between rounds (so no rest at all). Pushed the pace in every round despite having a hurt back, can't wait to see how I feel in a couple of weeks.

Still dosing 25 mg twice a day before each workout, so far no vision side effects.

Good Luck!

Please keep this log up to date if you can!

on SS's S4 i lost 2% BF, about 4lb total in 5 wks. it was a good cut, held all strength, was leaner & harder when i was done. with your workouts your posting you should reach your goal pretty easy

Sorry for the lack of updates this week, it's been busy at work and I'm drained by the time I get home from training. So far so good as far as my strength and how I feel during training, aside from a nagging back injury (just overuse, not an actual injury, or serious one at least). The weight cut has been tough, I'm trying to get my walking around weight to about 145 lbs but it's easier said than done. I'm working with a nutritionist to adjust my macronutrient ratios, meal timings, etc.

Fixing to go hit a light pad workout, and some uphill walking (slow recovery day), but I'll write out a more detailed post about last week later tonight after the Superbowl.

Had a tough circuit in the morning (similar to last weeks but different exercises/stations and more sprints - 3 x 5 min rounds with 45 sec rest in between) but I felt strong and energetic the whole time I went through it. I think the highest my HR got was 178 bpm (I checked right at the end of each round so it may have been higher throughout the round).
Team training started around 5:30 and was a very active training session (no gi bjj/grappling). We started off with a basic full body warm up (jogging in circles with different drills in between, similar to a wrestling team warm up along with some stance movement). We had 3 x 3 min wrestling rounds at about 70% intensity - so basically not competitive, just for warm up purposes. We reviewed a few mounted armbar transitions, drilled and isolated for about 30 mins. We ended the night with 5 x 5 min live (competitive) grappling rounds with 30 sec 'active' 'rest in between each round (active rest = jogging in circles...not exactly rest). I was surprised, I figured I would have been more tired since I'm cutting weight; after class ended I did 3 more 5 min rounds (grappling) with a fresh partner for each round. At this point I was toast, so I decided to call it a night.
Feeling great at this point and I'm less than 3 weeks out.

Go get that shit my man... Kill it............ drop some cheque drops before the fight bwahaha and a good inject of pure ATP too. That's what I would do

This camp has been getting much better. My back started out rough at the beginning of the week, but felt much better by Wednesday, which surprised me because we kept the training volume relatively high. I have been going out of my way to foam roll more often, and stretching my hip flexors so the remedy may have been that simple. My recovery feels much better in general, but I still feel the dieting/weight cut. The weight cut itself, however, is going much better than earlier in the camp. I had to adjust my diet a lot (with the help of a few advisors), and I'm finally where I need to be at this point in time (waking up at 150 lbs, and I'm content to weigh 148 when I'm 7 days out). This is the first time I have maintained such a low calorie diet while training at a high intensity, and I'm pretty sure (even though there's no scientific validity since this isn't a study) the s4 is definitely helping while I'm keeping my body in such a deficit.
I changed my dosing times this week (not sure if this made a difference); instead of dosing 25 mg twice a day before each workout, I only take a dose once a day (50mg) right before my second workout (team training). I honestly started doing it out of convenience, and figured I'd keep this way since it's definitely still working. I begin my last hard week of training tomorrow, so this will be hell week.

Top Bottom