Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nizoral for Acne

Half_Natty

I read that the active ingredient in Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo is really good for acne?
I've just ordered some but was wondering if anyone has had any expeirience with this? Still got some mild bacne and bits on my shoulders after finishing my PCT, but they are clearing up slowly.
I've read through tons of posts about acne but none seem to mention Nizoral.
Anyone ever used this on cycle? Has it stopped outbreaks or just kept them to a minimum?
Thanks in advance!

Nizoral is a shampoo to help fight Dandruff.

Yes thanks, but like I said I've read that the active ingredient in it, (ketoconazole), helps with acne. I wanted to know if anyone's had any experience using the stuff.

Quote from where I read it;
''DHT can be combated (on the scalp, to prevent hair loss) with compounds such as Ketoconazole shampoo (sold under the trade name Nizoral) as well as Finasteride (sold as Proscar in the 5mg version and as Propecia as 1mg tablets). Interestingly, this shampoo can also be used topically to combat acne on the face (or even the back if youre really flexible). Both of these methods for preventing hair loss and acne are reasonably effective''

well DUH!....I thought i've heard it all until just now, even my colleagues at the hospital thought i was nuts....BUT!

However the use of Ketoconazole
could effectively counteract endogenous androgens resulting in a suppression of growth of the sebaceous glands while leaving serum concentrations of both testosterone and dihydrotestosterone intact and not reduced. This means, for all intents and purposes, that Nizoral's anti-androgenic effect on your skin will prevent acne, without it having a systemic effect on your body. In simplest terms, it will leave 100% of the muscle building effects imparted by the steroids you are taking totally unaffected.
So There you have it.

Thanks for asking a question that sounded so out of the ballpark that it actually had merit! :)

well DUH!....I thought i've heard it all until just now, even my colleagues at the hospital thought i was nuts....BUT!

However the use of Ketoconazole
could effectively counteract endogenous androgens resulting in a suppression of growth of the sebaceous glands while leaving serum concentrations of both testosterone and dihydrotestosterone intact and not reduced. This means, for all intents and purposes, that Nizoral's anti-androgenic effect on your skin will prevent acne, without it having a systemic effect on your body. In simplest terms, it will leave 100% of the muscle building effects imparted by the steroids you are taking totally unaffected.
So There you have it.

Thanks for asking a question that sounded so out of the ballpark that it actually had merit! :)

Haha! No problem!

That extra info is good to know thanks! They should be clearing in no time then, and if it works to prevent them when im on my next cycle thats even better!
It should be arriving tomorrow so i'll let you know how efective it is in a week or so!

Bro let me mr know as well

Acne is one of the main sides I get on my back! Drives me crazy !

On me if I miss this thread let me know how it works I have tried it all except Accutane

Just a quick update - Been using Nizoral for 3 days now, been showering with one of those girly ball things made from like netting, i dont know what there called, loafer maybe? Anyway, 3 days in and they are noticablly reducing, had no new spots come and skin just looks so much healthier and clear. So far so good. I think by the end of next week I should be clear. touch wood.
Be interesting to see if anyone can get some to use during their cycle as well.

My issue is always scars from previous cycle

I get one or two but shit my scars from first big blast years ago are still there

My first acne outbreak was horrible

Has been ok since then bit post cycle it flares up well post blast i should say

I've been pretty lucky I think, I got backne quite bad from like 13-18 years old, scars have faded away over the past 4 years. The one's I had on cycle wernt to bad, don't get me wrong the were everywhere, even started to creep their way down my shoulder onto my arms, but no scarring as my skins clearing up now. I heard bio-oil is good for getting rid of the scars, you tried any of that stuff?

Top Bottom