Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nettle Leaves...good brand?

JG1

Just bought Solaray Nettle Leaves, 2 caps = Nettle (Urtica dioica) (leaf) 900mg. Was $8 for 100 caps.

This a good brand? Going to use it while doing tren, was thinking of taking 2 caps 3 times/day.

solaray is a good company....BUT if there is an extract or standardized version that would be better. just like saw palmetto, the berry (like the leaf etc) version is way less potent than the EXTRACT version. not sure if there is an extract on this though....i looked at work and we were all out of it in any form at this time. so can't let you know for sure. maybe someone knows if there is a max potency extract available or not?????? :)

Which are you looking for, the leaves or the roots? It seems most references to the leaves are n regards to its beneficial effect on rhuematoid arthritis, the roots, otoh, are used commonly for bph. If you are looking for prolactin lowering, you might want to try the combination of pygeum/nettle root since pygeum has been shown to reduce prolatin in the prostate.

Shit, I bought the wrong stuff?

I'm using it for prolactin. I saw NOW brand has nettle root extract standardized, it was a lot more expensive for less potency. I should get that instead?

If this is in response to nelson montana's post, I wish he had deigned to respond to my question. I have searched on the internet for ANY reference to nettle and prolactin without success. i am not saying that there is not a connection but if there is, it is not a mainstream one. There are no medline studies and after going thru about 20 pages of google search the best I could come up with is what I posted above. There is evidence that nettle root will help with bph but the only connection I was able to find was to do with lowering shbg at the prostate, nothing to do with prolactin. You might try the herb pygeum or a combo of the two to see what effect it might have.

Try doing a search for yourself to see what turns up, perhaps you will have better luck than I.

jb

jboldman said:
If this is in response to nelson montana's post, I wish he had deigned to respond to my question. I have searched on the internet for ANY reference to nettle and prolactin without success. i am not saying that there is not a connection but if there is, it is not a mainstream one. There are no medline studies and after going thru about 20 pages of google search the best I could come up with is what I posted above. There is evidence that nettle root will help with bph but the only connection I was able to find was to do with lowering shbg at the prostate, nothing to do with prolactin. You might try the herb pygeum or a combo of the two to see what effect it might have.

Try doing a search for yourself to see what turns up, perhaps you will have better luck than I.

jb

dumb question...whats BPH?

And thanks for the advice, I'll check out pygeum

JG1 said:

dumb question...whats BPH?

And thanks for the advice, I'll check out pygeum

BPH = Benign Prostate Hypertrophy = enlarged prostate that is not due to cancer.

It's no fun though. It can put quite a damper on your sex life.

40butpumpin said:

BPH = Benign Prostate Hypertrophy = enlarged prostate that is not due to cancer.

It's no fun though. It can put quite a damper on your sex life.

thanks brother :)

Top Bottom