Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modafinil/Provigil Dosage

bivk

I just purchased some provigil from http://www.buypainmedicines.com/ a well trusted source and I'm trying to find out the optimal dosage for use. So far I'm taking 200mg/ed during the morning. I know through research it lasts about 12-15 hours, but I really didn't get an idea of exactly how much a person should take in the course of a day.

Do any of you guys take it? And what kind of dosage are you at? Split through the day?

Last edited by a moderator:
bivk said:
I just purchased some provigil from a well trusted source and I'm trying to find out the optimal dosage for use. So far I'm taking 200mg/ed during the morning. I know through research it lasts about 12-15 hours, but I really didn't get an idea of exactly how much a person should take in the course of a day.

Do any of you guys take it? And what kind of dosage are you at? Split through the day?

I personally like 200 in the morning, and sometimes will take 100 more in the early afternoon if I have late night plans (10 pm is late night for my married ass with kids)....I took 200 am and 200 pm on sunday to make sure I was loud in my seats at the Dome to watch the Colts advance to the Super Bowl (sorry....bragging). I usually only take it about once a week though.

I should also say that I only use it for a sports pick-me-up, and for that I only like 200.....300 at the most. 400 and I feel a little "disconnected"...but that may just be me.

Don't space it out unless you plan on not sleeping at night, it has a 16 hour half life. For me 300-400mg in the morning worked quite well.

Ya I take it early in the morning as soon as I wake up. So far so good, but I was hoping it would somewhat be like adderall.

200mg 1st thing works well for me, I dont take it ED.

It is not like adderal from what I have read, (not tried that though).

The effect is moderate, but quite long lasting.

i heard monkees love this as much as cocaine. No b.s. Do you guys think it is something you can use repeatedly and not "NEED" everyday? How hard is it to fall asleep that night, if you take first thing in morning? Do you feel like shit when it wears off?

palehorse51 said:
i heard monkees love this as much as cocaine. No b.s. Do you guys think it is something you can use repeatedly and not "NEED" everyday? How hard is it to fall asleep that night, if you take first thing in morning? Do you feel like shit when it wears off?

Nahh, its not addictive unless you are a workaholic ... then you love the stuff. I leave 200 mgs by the bed with a sugar free red bull. I wake up at 5:30 to take a piss, take the mondafinil and chug half the red bull, and then go back to bed. 6:30 I wake back up to angel trumpets and birds chirping ... its like my own little fabric softener commercial. People at work hate me because I am "Mr. Good Morning". Got the nickname FILO at the office (first in, last out). On the fast track to uppper management.

Only need about 5-6 solid hours with maybe a nap for 20 minutes in late afternoon.

Getting to bed can be an issue if you take any caffeine or other stuff after 3-4 in the afternoon. The crazy thing is that you actually "need" less sleep to feel rested.

All in all - not euphoric or speedy. Much better than coffee!

Take the weekends off and try to use it only when you have to. Been taking it for a year via ... sleep apnea ... through insurance. No problems what so ever.

vitamix said:
Nahh, its not addictive unless you are a workaholic ... then you love the stuff. I leave 200 mgs by the bed with a sugar free red bull. I wake up at 5:30 to take a piss, take the mondafinil and chug half the red bull, and then go back to bed. 6:30 I wake back up to angel trumpets and birds chirping ... its like my own little fabric softener commercial. People at work hate me because I am "Mr. Good Morning". Got the nickname FILO at the office (first in, last out). On the fast track to uppper management.

Only need about 5-6 solid hours with maybe a nap for 20 minutes in late afternoon.

Getting to bed can be an issue if you take any caffeine or other stuff after 3-4 in the afternoon. The crazy thing is that you actually "need" less sleep to feel rested.

All in all - not euphoric or speedy. Much better than coffee!

Take the weekends off and try to use it only when you have to. Been taking it for a year via ... sleep apnea ... through insurance. No problems what so ever.
Good stuff! Im really considering this. But do you "crash" when it wears off? I hate how i used to feel when ephedrine would wear off. I only dink coffe or rockstar in morning. I do worry about falling asleep. How did you get it prescibed? I sleep like shit and am going for apnea tests. But i did read that in studies monkees loved the provigil like coke!! Thanks for info!!

palehorse51 said:
I can fall asleep fine if I take it first thing in the morning and I do not feel like shit when it wears off.

Top Bottom