Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I suffer from low testosterone, which treatment would you go on?

alecc

Hello everybody! I'm 30 yo and have been suffering from low T for at least 10 years, maybe ever since. My T levels are always borderline low and my LH is also usually always low. I am sick of it. Many years I wasn't even taken seriously by endocrinologists. Most of them really suck. Urologists aren't much better. They also told me my levels are fine and so on. I hardly have any strength or muscle mass. I could never do even 1 regular push up! I had blood tests and even a pituitary MRI. It showed nothing abnormal. My LH is simply too low. My endo doesn't know why.

Anyway, I have already tried a different Testosterone (androgel) gel in the past and it sucked. Basically even though I was already using 3/4 of the maximum daily allowance my levels were still borderline and my LH was almost zero!
My testicles began to shrink. I told this to my endo and he told me that's not possible that they shrink that fast but they did. After that I was very discouraged and afraid of trying a different TRT method because I asked myself if my testicles shrink that fast then what happens on the long run?
I mean will they keep getting smaller and smaller and smaller until they are as small as a raisin? I also asked my doc if it's not possible to use HCG instead of testosterone. I know many in the USA do this but my doc said that's impossible. This isn't used here in Europe.
I asked a few doctors, even a gyn, and not even he knew about using HCG in men.
This really sucks. I wish I could just up my own production instead of using testosterone. Basically my treatment options are very limited.
Self-injections are also NO option cause my doc won't allow it and I also don't know if I could even inject myself I'd be too afraid of messing it up.

This means I can choose from this here:
1) Nebido (1 large injection every 10 weeks, I'm scared of this cause the injection is so huge and I also read that Nebido was not allowed in the US by the FDA because the oil in it could cause embolisms this sounds really intimidating)
2) T-Enathate (250mg shot every 3 weeks, this also sucks cause your T levels go on a rollercoaster, I do not want super high T levels I just want high normal levels)
3) T-Gels (which didn't really work in the past but I also only tried 1 gel and there are other gels out there)

--> My doc now told me to try Fortesta.

Another problem which I have is DHT. I worry that using T gel raises DHT more than injections. Last year when I was on T gel even though my overall T levels were still low my DHT was very high and actually above the normal range! But I didn't feel better at all. Isn't this weird cause usually people say DHT makes you feel good?
Anyway, since I have hair follicle issues I don't want to get high DHT levels. My dermatologist already told me I should use Rogaine because I have hair follicle atrophy but Rogaine doesn't seem to work for me. I tried it in the past already. I also don't want to go on Finasteride cause it has a really bad rep. Is there any other way to lower DHT?

And what would you guys advise me? Is it possible to only use small amount of gel for example and this way raise your T levels WITHOUT shutting down your own production? For example if I only used 2 pumps Fortesta would this already make my body shut down its own production? Does anyone know this or can it not be answered in general?

Self-injections are also NO option cause my doc won't allow it and I also don't know if I could even inject myself I'd be too afraid of messing it up.

You need to ditch the regular docs and find someone who knows something about TRT. get on 100mg test weekly injection and you should be fine.

That being said, youre pretty young to have low T, my guess is you could largely address your problems with a seriously look at your nutrition.

No one here can help you chose because all your options suck and will as long as you let your doc dictate your life.

I recommend you investigate AndroForte'. It's an Australian version of Androgel applied to the scrotum once daily. I have been using it for over six months and really like the results. I began with AndroGel and you are right it sucks and it’s expensive. AndroForte’ is reasonably priced. This is important to me since I don’t have script insurance.

You need to ditch the regular docs and find someone who knows something about TRT. get on 100mg test weekly injection and you should be fine.

That being said, youre pretty young to have low T, my guess is you could largely address your problems with a seriously look at your nutrition.

No one here can help you chose because all your options suck and will as long as you let your doc dictate your life.

THIS

OP: you are wasting your time going to doctors who have no clue what they are doing

its like taking your BMW to the local redneck for a $10 oil change. of course he isn't going to know what to do.. he will probably call Germany to try and figure out if the car takes regular or premium

also just some advice from personal experience.. if you go to a doctor and TELL THEM what YOU WANT and you are armed with knowledge they will 99% of the time do what you want because they honestly want you out of their office and want to make money off of you someway. you are still with the belief that just cause some nerd who can study and pass a test with a rich dad goes to school for 12 years that makes him smart.

the last time I was at the doc I absolutely schooled her on anabolic steroids and bloodwork.. she was actually writing stuff down I was telling her and googling it. she had never heard of anabolic steroid names nor did she know how to spell them. so if that is your typical doctor how the fuck do you expect them to write you a script for something they are clueless about?

What would I do?

I don't know what its like in the UK but if you can get private blood tests I would self administer TRT with the resources you have here and elsewhere on the Internet. Don't be afraid of injections they are pretty easy and the most effective way of getting the hormones in your system.

That being said, you are pretty young so its a major decision. Also, not sure about the laws in the UK but at least here in Canada it is illegal, and can be expensive. BUT I would not live with it in this day and age of hormones being so easy to get and the knowledge of how to properly use them just mouse clicks away. I am in my middle 40's and taking TRT levels of testosterone has given me a new lease on life - Life in general, in the bedroom, and in the gym.

Top Bottom