Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm a retired powerlifter but I've just now learned how to deadlift

gorillahung

I once pulled 501 lbs. weighing 190 lbs. but could have done more if I know what I know now. I always had trouble at the top of the lift. I've finally found that you have to thrust your hips forward almost like you're fucking while pulling back with your shoulders. My deads are going up much easier. I wish I had learned this when I was in my 20's. I would have pulled 600.

On one side it is indeed a pity that you did not know that before, but on the other hand, it is good that you have learned that at least now. It would be worse if you never learnt this. Personally, I have always done this thrust with the hips, as it really helps in the final part of the lift.

I once pulled 501 lbs. weighing 190 lbs. but could have done more if I know what I know now. I always had trouble at the top of the lift. I've finally found that you have to thrust your hips forward almost like you're fucking while pulling back with your shoulders. My deads are going up much easier. I wish I had learned this when I was in my 20's. I would have pulled 600.

A lot of people dont realise how much power you can get from quads, glutes, hams and hips while deadlifting. Legs are the most powerful muscles in our body, so why not make the use of it

It's amazing just how much I can feel my quads, hams, and glutes when I do this now. It's even more amazing how much power I have. I'm not exaggerating when I say I could have pulled 600 when I was younger if I knew how to deadlift properly. I did manage a 250 kilo squat (551 lbs.) at a bodyweight of 190 lbs.

most guys I see in the gym use incredibly poor form on their lifts. they are more worried about lifting heavy, then lifting correctly

unfortunately a lot of personal trainers do not know how to lift themselves, so they teach incorrect form, and then these youtube guru's put out videos where they have horrible form (see Jason Blaha and his deadlifts, just awful). it is important to learn correct form with lighter weight before you start going heavier

your best bet is to learn proper form from someone who knows what they are doing. it is absolutely better to use less weight and proper form, then going heavy with bad form.

Last edited:
I have been training since I was 13 years old and I still learn new things in the gym almost every day. No matter how old you are, how much experience you have etc, you can always still learn something new. This is a perfect example of that.

Once you stop learning, you stop progressing.

Top Bottom