how long to take accutane

Posted: 25-Sep-2006 02:05 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about how long to take accutane within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: How long should I be taking accutane? After the acne is all gone? a month? a month after its cleared up? Not sure if someone could let me know I would appreciate it I need to know if I have to order some more with my order tommorrow. Thanks for your input...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:05 AM   #1
United States
How long should I be taking accutane? After the acne is all gone? a month? a month after its cleared up? Not sure if someone could let me know I would appreciate it I need to know if I have to order some more with my order tommorrow. Thanks for your input
Gallery of CO B-man  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: how long to take accutane

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:18 AM   #2
United States
At least 6 months
Gallery of krishna  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
United States
Quote posted by krishna
At least 6 months

Are you ting me? Seems like a long time
Gallery of CO B-man  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:24 AM   #4
United States
That's the common term that doctors prescribe. Some go longer. If you don't run a full course, you're liable to wind up a zitty mess a few weeks after you stop.
Gallery of krishna  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
United States
I should have looked into antibiotics first or some other option because bad sides this stuff can have.
Gallery of CO B-man  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 02:58 AM   #6
United States
the sides are only bad when your taking a dosage above 40mg ED. If your acne isnt horrible you could get away with 40mg or even 20mg and see unreal results, and as for side effects at that dose, easily tolerable. And I also wouldnt run it for less than 6 months
Gallery of VascularitY  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 04:17 AM   #7

do a search on my other comments about accutane. I went into my experience with it and how to use it. But in short, you should run 80mgs a day (40 in the morning and 40 at night) for 6 months to permanently rid yourself of acne. After you clear up, it'll stay in your system for 2 months. I still break out every once in a while, but nothing bad - like 2-3 zits...but after you do this, during cycle you can run 20-40mgs a day or every other day throughout your cycle then quit. A lot of bros just run 20mgs-40mgs every other day around week 4-5 (or at first sign of break outs) for their entire cycle. You should go to a dermatologist and be under supervised care the first time. Plus, its cheaper if you have ins.
Gallery of sparetire  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 04:19 AM   #8
Portugal
I used accutane like 4 years ago... dont remember what was the doses but it worked like a charm! I think I sta 6 months on it. The worst side effect for me was the dry lips.
Gallery of Shinobi  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
United States
^^^^
Gallery of CO B-man  

Old 25-Sep-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
United States
Just was at the doc for this. He said 80mg/day for 5-6 months. Advised this dosage due to my weight (245). I was hoping that I could run it at 40/mg, but at this point I just want it gone. I had tried monocycline, didn't do . Go through a Dr if you can, it's a nasty drug.

Monopoly
Gallery of monopoly19