Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do bodybuilders cut water weight for a show?

Obviously the pros dry out for their show. Do they just tank their estrogen levels and walk on stage feeling like crap with achy joints and no energy? I've been training martial arts for years and am looking to start competing but would need to cut weight to fight in my division. Normally you would dehydrate yourself while aiming to get body fat low as possible but if i drank minimal water on trt wouldn't i blow up and hold more water? My fight stack would be 250 test
prop 400 masteron prop and maybe some proviron, i know these compounds dry you out but would i be able to cut weight while on them?

A few things you can do leading up to the competition include:

- Drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day about a week from your competition; gradually increase to 2-2.5 gallons until a couple days out. Then reduce your water intake to a half gallon. After this, less than 18 hours before the competition, drink as little water as you possibly can.

- About 40 hours before your competition, drastically reduce your sodium intake. It's important to wait until closer to the competition to cut out salty foods and other sodium sources because, if you do it too soon, your kidneys will eventually begin retaining both water and sodium as a survival mechanism.

- Cut most carbs and sugars about 2.5-3 days away from your competition.

As for your pre-contest steroid cycle, that's an excellent combination before an event. They will also help you retain muscle mass while you're cutting through dieting/training. Masteron is great for giving your muscles that hard look if your body fat is already in the 9% range or lower.

Not quite sure why you want to dry out like a bodybuilder if you are going to fight. Two entirely different strategies. You do not want to dry out if you are going to be fighting rounds.
Guaranteed to lose if you follow bodybuilding protocal.

Not quite sure why you want to dry out like a bodybuilder if you are going to fight. Two entirely different strategies. You do not want to dry out if you are going to be fighting rounds.
Guaranteed to lose if you follow bodybuilding protocal.

Exactly. You'll gas out way early and get your ass kicked because of it.

If your sport is fighting, the last thing you want to do is be dehydrated. I think you might be better off gaining weight and competing at a heavier weight division.

I believe he's suggesting cutting water weight to *make weight* before rehydrating quickly. Perhaps the variable we'd need to know is how long you have to rehydrate and add pounds after weigh-in.

He might also be asking if anti-estrogens would be worth taking to help drop water before weigh-in or if the side effects wouldn't be worth it.

That is what we'd need. But as far as aas or anti-es and all that, I'd say firm no, after you make weight, you then have to win haha, doing that is gonna be hard if not impossible when all your hormones are jumping around. Wed need to know aas exp. Too, how used are you to hormone fluctuations?

Top Bottom